• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio and animations are lost when uploading .pptx presentations to the Adobe Connect server.

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have made several Adobe Presenter presentations which contain voice narration and animations. These presentations play fine when viewed as .pptx files on my local computer, or published as .pdfs and viewed on my local computer, or emailed and viewed by others.

However, when I load the .pptx files onto the Adobe Connect server, I can view the presentation, (with default 5 second slide timing), but the narration and animations are missing.

I think that the audio and animation files need to be uploaded to the Connect server, but do not know how to do that. I've tried loading the presentation as a packaged .prpkg file, but Connect does not accept that file type. I have also tried loading the file onto Connect as a .pdf, but it won't open. Any ideas? I'm running Windows 7 with Adobe Presenter version 8.

Thanks!

Tom

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything about the Connect server, but when I upload to a cloud based LMS I publish to a .zip file and upload the .zip.  Have you tried that at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, that worked! Now I get the full experience.

Best regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom

Just some info as to what is happening.

Whenever you are uploading your pptx to connect, Presenter's assets folder do not get uploaded to connect

In order to publish the conent like audio, video, attachments to connect, you will have to use the publish to connect feature in Presenter.

Else you can publish to tour local machine and then upload the zip as content to connect.

Hope this resolves your issue

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mahesh, that solved the problem!

Best regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources