Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Weird AVCHD issue in CC, video won't import to timeline

Sep 25, 2013 6:41 AM

So by some weird circumstance that I comment on a few Premier AVCHD issues, and my own anomaly arises.

I have a music video with a bunch of shoots that have all been shot in avchd by either a Panosonic Ag160, AG130 or a sony FS700. All are .MTS or .MT2S

For some reason, all the footage from the cams will not import the video to the timeline. They will play just fine in source monitor, but audio only gets dragged to the timeline everytime i try.

I have created a new project, cleared the cache tryied interpreting the footage nothing seems to work...

The even weirder part is i flip back to another project with the same cameras, and the footage imports no issues.

Obvious questions; I imported the entire files structure from the cams, i even cleared the xmp's and let prem rebuild them .. still nothing

Anyone have this type of issue in the past or have some ideas, paying customer on my back to get this done in 4 weeks and i can even drop it on the timeline

Troy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 25, 2013 6:41 AM   in reply to Troy_w1

Hi Troy,

Copying entire folder structure is very good, but did you also use "Media Browser" for the Import? That is very important and can often fix this type of problem. The Media Browser window in Premiere is usually at the lower left.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2013 7:48 AM   in reply to Troy_w1

I don't own an AVCHD camera, but rented one for a gig recently and had to transfer multiple SD cards to the computer. I accidentally began importing clips into Premiere from a card that was not done transferring, and Adobe threw an error saying the clip was corrupt. I removed those clips from the project, and tried to reimport again after transfer was complete, but kept getting the same error. Even tried a new project, same error! What eventually resolved the issue was to create a New Folder on the hard drive, move the AVCHD folders into that folder, then Import into Premiere again.

I bring this up since you mention the .xmp files. Seems that once Premiere writes .xmp metadata for a clip, that data is remembered no matter what!! By changing the folder/file path, that apparently tricked Premiere into believing it was an entirely different set of clips.

So one trick to getting past a corrupt clip message may be to relocate the source media and try again.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 7:00 PM   in reply to Troy_w1

Yes I have this exact same issue although I am importing footage shot on a Canon 7D. Otherwise exactly as you describe and this only happens in Premiere Pro CC

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2014 1:34 PM   in reply to Troy_w1

I was having this exact same problem and I finally figured out how to fix it!!!!

After having your imported files in either the media browser or bin, create a new sequence by hitting "sequence" from the top bar of premiere, and click "sequence settings". From there you will see a huge list of various file formats for the sequence to work with. Simply click on the AVCHD option and then your specifics of your footage from the options i.e. 720 or 1080p.

After that you should be good to go!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2014 2:36 PM   in reply to Troy_w1

I am having the same issues. I have been using Premiere CC since its release with no problems. Halfway through editing a video for a client this began and now it is happening in every project. I have a seperate SSD for cache and previews and I have deleted all of the previews and cache folders. I cannot even import a motion graphic via Adobe Dynamic Link into the video project. Why would this happen all of sudden? This issue is quite annoying because it is killing my workflow. I even moved the project over from one workstation to another via our network and I am having the same issues on that machine. Why is this happening?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points