Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Suppress "Replace Files" Dialog?

Sep 25, 2013 7:42 AM

Okay, So I have a plug-in that exports JPEGs by the individual artboard using the following options in my export:

kAIExportDocumentSaveMultipleArtboardsKey

kAIExportDocumentSaveAllKey

When you save the same file to the same location twice you get a pop-up from illustrator asking if it's okay to save over the files:

Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 9.39.58 AM.png

I could swear that at one point I had a version of my plug-in that stopped this from happening, but I can't remember if that's true or find the code.  Anyone know anything?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 25, 2013 7:50 AM   in reply to TheDollarBill

This has probably occurred you, but couldn't you set dialogStatus to kDialogOff in the PlaceActionEvent() call? Or do you need some of its UI elements to show?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 25, 2013 8:03 AM   in reply to TheDollarBill

Bleh. I hate it when that happens. This isn't the first time I've run into this kind of problem.

Okay, another stupid question: are the files its complaining about actually there? If so, could you detect that & delete (or relocate them temporarily if need be) them ahead of time to cut off that prompt at the pass?

Also, it's interesting that you use the same Angry Voice technique I do. And no, sadly, it doesn't work for me either

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points