• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 5 Installation on 1 Win and 1 Mac Computer.

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I want to purchase LR5 but I need to use it on both Windows and MAC.

I bootload my iMac into Windows and would like to use LR5 on both Windows and OSX on the same computer.

I know LR5 allows 2 installations but if I've gathered correctly, it has to be the same platform. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me.

I've talked to one of the sales guys on chat and also read a "staff" members post on this. Both said different things. So I'm a little confused about this.

I need 1 Windows and 1 Mac installation working ONLY 1 at a time. NOT at the same time.

Please if someone can help me definitively get an answer on this, it would be great.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Thanks Kglad. Vikrantdogra contacted me and I have confirmed that the license offered with Lightroom is a multi-platform license.  The page referenced at http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/end-user-license-agreements-faq.html#main_Why_can_t_I_use_my_software_on_different_platforms_ appears to be referencing the Creative Suite licenses.

You can find the EULA for Lightroom, and our other software titles and services, at http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html.  In specific you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your one license allows two lightroom installations on 2 pcs, 2 macs OR 1 pc and 1 mac. 

you're not supposed to use both simultaneously.  so, that should work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. But I just got off the customer service chat. The guy told me specifically, that I will have to completely un-install and de-activate one version to use the other one. He said that seemless use to two copies ONLY works for the SAME OS.

Having to completely un-install rather than a simple activate/de-activate would be terribly messy.

so what should I do ? Do I assume that the sales person was incorrect ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 adobe user license allows 2 concurrent installations/activations.  typically, both installation must be a pc or both a mac.  but some programs (eg, lightroom) allow one pc and one mac.

however, there may be a separate issue with dual boot machines.  i don't understand why that should be the case but reading here (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/end-user-license-agreements-faq.html#main_Why_can_...) makes it appear your sales person was correct and i am incorrect.  on the other hand, reading the paragraph below the link, while usually correct, is incorrect  with respect to lightroom so i'm not sure the info at that link is accurate, either.

so, i recommend you could seek clarification from jeff a wright.  he's an adobe employee (i am not) and he's very knowledgeable and helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response again. How do I go about contacting him ? I see him replying on other threads. I guess I'll have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could click his name on the right side of the page and send a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't really figure that out. I went to his profile page and the email link was blocked as private.

This is the only thing holding me back from purchasing it.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your input. Really appreciate it.

EDIT: That was dumb of me. Found the link. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kglad. Vikrantdogra contacted me and I have confirmed that the license offered with Lightroom is a multi-platform license.  The page referenced at http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/end-user-license-agreements-faq.html#main_Why_can_... appears to be referencing the Creative Suite licenses.

You can find the EULA for Lightroom, and our other software titles and services, at http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html.  In specific you can find the Lightroom 5 EULA at http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/Adobe%20Photo....  I would recommend reviewing section 2 which discusses serialized licenses as well as second computer usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's good info jeff and thank you very much for helping this customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines