Skip navigation
backtrax
Currently Being Moderated

A mic that will work with PE10

Sep 25, 2013 3:36 PM

Tags: #premiere_elements_10

I am working with PE10 and need a mic that will allow me to do voice overs.  From what I have read, a USB mic is not one that works.  Will someone please suggest a mic that will work with a MacBook Pro and PE10?

Thank you,

Nanette

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 25, 2013 3:41 PM   in reply to backtrax

The Rode NT2-A gets very high marks, and comes with a full kit. I have one, though I use it in Adobe Audition on a PC, it has excellent dynamics, and the stand is sturdy enough to hold it very solidly on a desk. It sould work perfectly with PrE on a Mac, when plugged into the computer's Mic input, or the sound card. http://www.rodemic.com/mics/nt2-a

Others probably have a whole bunch of other favorites.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2013 5:04 PM   in reply to backtrax

Nanette

Several years ago I purchased a desktop Labtec microphone that plugs into the computer jack. It is not a Logitech product.

After all these years, it is still working helping me generating great narrations with various versions of Premiere Elements on Windows XP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit. I am not sure if the brand/model is still around and whether or is compatible with Mac.

When I first went looking for a desktop microphone, I could not find a USB type that worked. But, it took me a while to find the "right" desktop microphone even for the ones that plug into the computer jack.

I will post this Adobe link for narration in case you ever need it.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WSED45334D-D309-445 e-AF34-2AB3E3CCAA8D.html

But, I would mention something that you might want to consider if all else fails...if your preferred microphone works with it,, create your narrations with the free audio editor named Audacity and then import the .wav narrations into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements Get Media/Files and Folders.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2013 5:11 PM   in reply to backtrax

USB microphones work just fine with Premiere Elements 10, Nanette.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2013 5:29 PM   in reply to backtrax

Well, some USB mics do work, but enough do not, to cause one to study the options, before just buying something, because of the connection type.

There are some USB and Mac-specific issues, that have just been discussed on the PrPro and also the Adobe Audition forums. Those those programs are not PrE, there are some similarities. You might want to Search for some of those discussions on those two boards. IIRC, at least one of the PrPro threads, had some recommendations, specifically for USB mics on the Mac. If I can find that, I will post a link.

I am hoping that others will have more recs. for you, and with some specifics.

Not sure if Steve produces his tutorials on his Mac, but think that he would be a great resource for mic recs., whether 1/8" plugs, or USB. Though I am adding some qualifiers to his Reply above, if he says that USB mic ____ works with PrE on the Mac (also, the USB mic issue, does NOT seem to be platform-specific), then you can take that to the bank. I just have seen so many issues reported on Premiere, and other Adobe programs, when USB mics are used, that I shy from them.

Most of all, good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to backtrax

The microphone built-in to my USB Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 works very well with Premiere Elements.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers