Skip navigation
Blymyer
Currently Being Moderated

main disc menus

Sep 25, 2013 4:23 PM

How do I play entire movie ( disc menu) after putting in stops for several chapters without having to burn a second disc with the stops removed?

Brad "blymyer1@gmail.com"

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 25, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to Blymyer

Those Stop Markers will do exactly what they are designed to do - Stop and return the viewer to the Menu.

Two ways around that limitation, but one depends on how much space you have on your blank disc, or on other software for the authoring.

If you have enough room, just Export/Share your Timeline, and Import that output file, adding it to the end of your Timeline. Leave the original Markers in place, and then just place one to be used as Play All to that second file.

The other method is to use a full-featured authoring app, like Sony's DVD Architect, what will allow more intricate navigation.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 25, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to Blymyer

Blymyer

Just to set a baseline, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

The movie that you have burned to disc with menus stop markers is a done deal. I do no t know of anyway to override them on a player itself. A menu editor such as PgcEdit may have a way to remove the stop markers, just guessing. So, if you want the whole movie to play, you will need to do another burn to disc with this second burn to based on one of the following:

1. No stop markers

2. With stop markers and duplicating the movie and using the duplicate as a "Bonus Item" accessed from the main menu using the main menu's bonus button as the Play All button. The main menu buttons are appropriately handled by renaming the Bonus button, Play All, and getting rid of the original Play All button.

The following is my blog post on this approach and its pros and cons reside in the length of the "Bonus Item".

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/pe-dvd-menu-navigationplay-all-loss .html

One of my writeups on this also still exists (I think) here at Adobe in the Tricks & Tips section.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points