Skip navigation
RogerAAAA
Currently Being Moderated

My PrE 11 App Crashes during DVD Burn at ~72% thru Encoding Media - image renderer dll

Sep 25, 2013 8:22 PM

Tags: #crash #windows_7 #11 #premiere_elements_11

This error occurs consistently with a project I just started.  Project was initially created under PrE 2 then Copied via Archive and continued under Pre 11.  I'm a new user and I need some of your expert help to resolve this.  Windows 7 event viewer signature is as follows:   Hope you can help me with this I've spent 2 days working this so far.

oops - don't know how to insert text (.doc) file here. Will add in later post. Thanks for your interest.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 25, 2013 9:38 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

It is inviting to point in the direction of trying to work with an older project (from Premiere Elements 2) in a far distant one (Premiere Elements 11). There have been marked changes in the program going from 2 to 11, including structural differences in the disc menus among other things. Is version 2 still available to you so that you can attempt to finish this project in 2?

But, let us not take anything for granted and let us explore all possibilities.

Did you have any problems opening this Premiere Elements 2 project in version 11 from the project.prel in the Copied Folder?

Did you have any problems with error message during the editing of it?

When did you place the menus and with what? Did the project open in 11 with the old menus in the Movie Menu section of the project?

What is on that Timeline: videos, photos, titles, transitions, effects? Expand the Timeline with the - + slider above the Timeline and look for leftovers or other irregularies. Look for thin vertical black lines scattered among the track content. Delete them. Look for gaps. Look for transitions as well as menu marker misplacements. Are all of the effects and other assets from 2 still available in 11 in this project?

If it were not for the 2 vs 11 consideration, at the onset I would suggest that you deactivate the program in its Help Menu/Deactivate, close the program, uninstall it. Run the computer through ccleaner and then reinstall the program.

Has Premiere Elements 11 worked for you for new projects created in Premiere Elements 11?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2013 7:47 AM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

Thanks for the follow up and considering the troubleshooting suggestions.

There was a major change in menus, version 2 versus the versions that followed. One of the major concepts was version 2 offering an NTSC and PAL set for each theme. After version 2, all menus, whether for NTSC or PAL project, were created by Adobe with a PAL sizing. But, I have been able to transfer some Premiere Elements 2 disc menus into Premiere Elements later version and have them work. More information on that if it become relevant to how the troubleshooting is going. What I would like to do to rule in or out this menu factor is for you to copy your project and use the copy where you delete the menus. Then try the burn to with a AutoPlay setup.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2013 3:11 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

Just so we are in sync, please confirm what you have opened in Premiere Elements 11...

a. Premiere Elements 2.0 project.prel with its original version 2.0 menu or the original 2.0 menu replaced with a version 11 one?

b. If you are using an original version 2.0 menu, how customized did you make it orginally? Is there a picture insert or anything unique about the menu so that version 11 would not understand it?

Any special effects applied in 2 content? Also, since you say that you still have Premiere Elements 2.0 installed on your computer, please assure that you can still burn that version 2.0 project.prel file Timeline to disc with Premiere Elements 2.0.

More later.

Thanks for the updates.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2013 6:55 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

Thanks for the additional information.

When you get a chance, in your next post, could you explain

Also 1 thing I found is once a Title clip has been pulled over to the 'PrE 11 Menu adjust' the next try even after a reset does not revise the previous startup audio...or I don't know how to properly reset it.

I was not clear on what you were doing there.

From what you wrote, it would not appear that Premiere Elements 2 menus are involved as I originally suspected.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to RogerAAAA

As you and ATR are deep into troubleshooting the PrE 2 to PrE 11 Project, I do not want to sidetrack those efforts, but when you wrtie:

I admit I am having difficulty editing PrE 11 Titles and getting them to stay as edited in the Assets folder.

When you have solved the other issues, you might want to come back to this one, and read this Tips & Tricks article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5712712#5712712 as it might be helpful in getting those PrE 11 Titles to "stay," after you edit them.

Don't worry about this now, but when everything else has been sorted out, you might want to revisit this issue.

Good luck, and we look forward to your success.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

I have read all your latest details.

Premiere Elements 11 HP Window 7 64 bit...problems that we have been discussing re: burn to DVD-VIDEO.

Premiere Elements 11 Dell Windows XP...at last report, burn to disc successful for the AutoPlay DVD-VIDEO. Now we are waiting for the Menu DVD-VIDEO burn to results.

If the Dell results were all successful, you mentioned plans to clean up the HP. Before you do, is it possible in the HP to try for AutoPlay as well as menu DVD-VIDEO with "Norton ISP & Anti-virus" disabled? By comparison, what is the anti-virus protection on the Dell? Also, how do the Dell resources compare to those of HP with regard to single processor vs dual, installed RAM, and free hard drive space?

With regard to your titles, no pun intended, we can put that on the back burner until all systems go with burn to. I suspect that you have run into the issue of titles with the same name where you edit one and you end up editing all. We can go into details the "Duplicate" remedy in Project Assets in this regard afterward.

We will be watching for the results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2013 8:21 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

The Premiere Elements 11 Content is explained in the blog post

AutoPlay should not factor into Content Download since there is no menu. Content download is only for those menus that come incomplete (ones with blue bans) and whose files need to be completed by the Content download.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-no-content-disc-content-do wnloads.html

What I am seeing for the burn to sequence

Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit

1 main menu pages

4scene menu pages

Encoding Media, then Compiling Media, then Burning Disc....

I am not getting previously seen Encoding Menu 1 of.... and so on just before the Encoding Media. I need to put that all together with regard to why and when for for these sequences before Encoding Media for the various versions of Premiere Elements.

You should be OK with the installation on each of your two different computers and using one at a time.

Sounding better and better.

More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

Thanks again for the update.

Maybe check out the HP web site to see if there is any particular documentation posted relating to your computer and any vulnerabilities.

Later today I will look into this business of burn to start....Encoding Menu 1 of....., then Encoding Media versus just starting with Encoding Media.

More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 12:09 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

Roger,

I would examine the Timeline of that problem Project, very closely.

The place that I would start, would be at about the half-way point, to see if you have an uncovered gap in the video about there, an odd Asset at that point, or perhaps a 3rd party Effect, or Transition, an MP3 Audio file, in that general area - anything that is different from what appears elsewhere.

The reason that I mentioned the "half-way point," is that PrE uses a 2-Pass Transcode scheme. Pass 1 mostly studies the Timeline and all assets. It completes at about the 50% point of the entire, 2-pass operation. Your 73% seems to indicate that PrE has completed the first pass OK, i.e. 50%, but after gathering the information for the second pass, is hitting something, about half-way through that second pass.

If you cannot find anything odd there, perhaps post a screen-cap of that area of the Timeline, expanding that, to see all Clips in that area on all Tracks.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

With regard to your latest post (18) in this thread, just to call to your attention that we have been down this road before when I wrote in post (2)

What is on that Timeline: videos, photos, titles, transitions, effects? Expand the Timeline with the - + slider above the Timeline and look for leftovers or other irregularies. Look for thin vertical black lines scattered among the track content. Delete them. Look for gaps. Look for transitions as well as menu marker misplacements. Are all of the effects and other assets from 2 still available in 11 in this project?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

Sorry the news was not better on the HP side. I realize that you are worked out on this right now. But after you get some space, I would like you to consider the following.

Check out your Windows 7 64 bit and determine if you have Windows Defender in the Action Center of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows- defender

Do you have an installation disc to reinstall Norton if you uninstall it? If so, consider...

a. Deactivate Premiere Elements within the program (Help Menu/Deactivate). Close the program. Using the usual Control Panel route, uninstall for Premiere Elements and Norton. Do a ccleaner run on your HP computer.

b. Reinstall Premiere Elements on the HP.

c. Enable the Windows Defender in the Action Center.

d. Try the burn to with AutoPlay and with menu.

Have you been there and done that in your recently completed going over of the HP computer/Premiere Elements situation?

Also, if the above gets us nowhere near a resolution to the what is going on with HP and Premiere Elements, do you have access to a USB 2.0 external burner that you can plug into a USB port on the HP?

As part of all this, I would really like to see the results from a similar project built in Premiere Elements 11 and burned to disc and folder with and without menus. If that can be done, then I would hold on all of the above in the post that I am writing.

Thoughts for now.

Thanks for your troubleshooting stick-to-it-tiveness and follow ups.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 3:50 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Then something was missed, regarding this Timeline/Project, as others are working.

HP based (Windows 7 64 bit) PrE 11 performs Autoplay and Menu-based DVD burns on some projects (eg case 1 ~53min length).  It consistently crashes on case 2 project (~1hr 1min length) in both autoplay and Menu-based DVD burn always near the 70-74% mark of 'Encoding Media'.

I would work to find out why THAT Project is causing the error, and always at the same spot - but that is just me.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

We will see, after RogerAAAA takes a break to regroup.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA,

This PM after Bill's post I performed the detailed timeline inspection that both of you suggested.  I found and removed 2 artifacts (leftover 2 and 4 frame video clips) closed up 1, 3-frame video gap and closed up 4 sound track gaps.  Tried an autoplay burn after saving the project and ensuring any menus were reset.  Same error as before Encoding Media APPcrash at 74%  (ImageRenderer dll).

I was hoping that something, like a gap was the cause, with that Project. At about the point that I described, were there any MP3 files, or similar? I keep thinking that if other Projects work for you, but this one does not, there must be something unique to it, causing the problem. If not gaps, what else appears, uniquely, there - something that your other, successful Projects do not contain?

Best of luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 7:06 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

I just saw your post 21, the " - but that is just me" one.

You wrote

I would work to find out why THAT Project is causing the error, and always at the same spot - but that is just me.

What do you think that we have been doing? If you meant by THAT more microscopic analysis of the Timeline, that will come when indicated. Right now I am taking the computer focus because of the reports that this SAME project "works" on one computer and not another.

Things may change when RogerAAAA gets some rest and has time to update us on all that he is doing.

There are many factors at work here, including the same project that works on one computer and not the other. That has been my read here. These difference in computer factors have to be ruled in or out. My suggestions have been following the latest troubleshooting feedback as it comes and responding to it accordingly in this rule in or out process using principles that should prove successful.

That is just me.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 7:23 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

We appreciate you taking the time to update us in spite of all you have going on there.

Just a quick reply to the following

I also CHATed with Adobe CHATperson. Question I asked was how do I obtain a copy of PrE 11 Windows 7 64 bit version as my Pre 11 retail disc referenced only Windows 7.  CHAT p said I would be given an option to install 64 bit version during PrE 11 install.  Well anyway it did not give me the option.  Am I missing something here.  Is there a 64 bit version? If so do I have it or where do i get it?

How many discs did you get with your purchase of Premiere Elements 11? If it came boxed you should have gotten one disc for Windows and one disc for Mac. When you put that Windows disc in the DVD burner tray of a Windows 7 or 8 64 bit computer, Premiere Elements 11 is a 64 bit application. You should be able to prove that to yourself with the Process Explorer Sysinternals which has a column in its process readout for 32 or 64 bit.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

My Premiere Elements 11 installation disc does not say Window 7 or 8 64 bit, just Windows, and Process Explorer Sysinternals has verified that my Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit is a 64 bit application.

There should be no debris on your Timeline if all you are doing is moving a project.prel from one computer to another. If you are sure that you have cleared away any debris and corrected for any gaps and the like in the HP, then I think we need to push a short time further on the differences in the computers....burner, conflicting program, angle. That does not mean exclude all other possibilities, but rather keep on a focus of systematically ruling in and out factors. You are doing a great job keeping up with all this. Please get some rest and then advance refreshed.

Thanks. Do not give up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

Good news. Thanks for checking. When troubleshooting, especially the tough cases, best take nothing for granted.

Please let us know if you can rule out the anti-virus and burner of the HP for conflicts in the burn to process on that particular computer. Then we can go over every pixel of that project looking for flaws. But, right now I am hung up on two different computers...the project.prel works for one and not the other, HP where you have a Premiere Elements 11 64 bit running in Windows 7 64 bit and Dell where you have a Premiere Elements 11 32 bit running in a 32 bit system.

Do you have your Windows Updates up to date for all?

More later.

Thanks for the update.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 5:25 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

Great work. Thanks for the update. Never worry about too many details. The answers will be in the details.

I went over every detail and even drew out some diagrams to keep track of what you were doing.

Your planned double checks sound reasonable.

Another consideration might be to remove equivalent content, but not the specific content that you did remove to gain success. Just trying to rule out any contribution of the duration changes so that we can point to specific scenes (file styles conditions) as the flaw site(s).

Another question...you talk about .avi clips. Did I ask you already...are any of those .avi clips = DV AVI Type 1 instead of Type 2? If so, are the ones removed to gain success DV AVI Type 1?

More later. Great work.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 6:11 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

I may have some good news for you, unless you have it already.

Whenever you see a "Vobulator" error, look to the end of the Timeline and remove a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline. It is not needed and causes this type of problem. The only flaw in that idea is if you do not have a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline.

DV AVI Type 1 can be a problem so see if you can rule that factor out.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 7:08 AM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

Great news.

One way to check for DV AVI Type 1 vs 2 is to use the free utility named gspot. In the "Container" section of the dialog, you will see that information.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

If you do run into DV AVI Type 1, you can convert is easily and quickly to Type 2 with the free program named DVDate.

http://paul.glagla.free.fr/dvdate_en.htm

Keep up the great work. And, we continue to watch for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 6:35 PM   in reply to RogerAAAA

RogerAAAA

Sounding very good.

You have put a lot of work into this project, and things seem to be coming together for you. We are pleased about that. Congratulations on your stick-to-it-tiveness and troubleshooting.

Looking forward to any further developments when you have the time.

Again, thanks for all the follow ups.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)