Skip navigation
VenitaV
Currently Being Moderated

making a log print-ready in Illustrator

Sep 26, 2013 12:06 AM

How do I make a logo, that includes an image from photoshop, print-ready in illustrator?  Do I need to do something with the image?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 26, 2013 2:00 AM   in reply to VenitaV

When you say print ready, do you mean to retain transparency present in the image. Or rather I would ask what exactly is your requirement here.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to VenitaV

Post a screen shot of the artwork.  Bitmaps in logos is a bad idea.  But, since you insist, here's what you need to do to prepare.  Embed the image in the file, otherwise the image has to go with the file wherever it goes or the link is broken and a preview will print ( if any ).  Use the appropriate size and resolution for output.  If the logo is going on a business card to be printed offset, make sure the resolution is around 300ppi ( high ) @ 100% final size.  And, make sure the document color space is CMYK.  But, again, not a good idea.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2013 1:12 AM   in reply to VenitaV

All you need to do is to check the output by exporting it to a print PDF. Use Acrobat 1.5 option from the export settings or PDF-X4 job settings which is considered to be best print settings. Check the output and later you can adjust the image according to your client's satisfaction. You can also check this article for knowing more about printing and publishing: http://www.webunie.nl/Adobe_PPG.pdf . Check the Getting output section in order to know more about how you can soft proof before seding the final output to printer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points