I have just downloaded Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Bridge CC. Photoshop will open but Adobe Bridge will not. I have installed and use Photoshop 5 and bridge. Why won't Adobe Bridge CC open?
Ok, just talked to a chat representative, here's the fix.
This is for Mac (Apologies for PC users i"m not sure what the fix is there)
1. Open Finder
2. (From top menu bar) Select: Go > Go to Folder
3. Enter: ~/Library | Click: Go
4. Locate (Do not open): "Preferences" folder | Right click (or control Click): "Preferences" folder
5. Click: Get Info
6. Expand: Sharing & Permissions
7. Click: "Lock" Icon (bottom right) | Enter your admin credentials and accept.
8. Give ALL users "Read & Write" preferences. (In my case I had my profile user and an "Everyone")
9. (For all the users) Click on the "Gear" icon below | Click "Apply to Enclosed Items..."
10. Open Bridge and rejoice
This worked for me. Hope it works for you.
Probably same fix posted on Feb 5.
If the person posting the original post would Mark post correct then people would know problem has been solved.
Ok, 6 hours later it's a fix for me!
Not sure if it'll work for you but it was quite simple.
Open Finder > (go) Computer > Macintosh HD (for me) > Users > Click once on the Home icon (main admin) > Get Info >
click on lock and authorise bottom right > click on cog wheel drop down > click on 'Apply to enclosed items' > OK
Close info window and try to open bridge
I agree with marking it as correct.
However, I didn't see any answers in this particular thread and wanted to share what worked for me to help others.
Well hopefully works for everyone or the bug is taken care from the root! Happy Bridging!!!
For those having issues, and who do not want to tinker with permissions, the latest update to the creative cloud does it for you: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.ht ml