Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Reader XI-Not working on Windows 8

Sep 27, 2013 4:54 AM

Tags: #adobe #reader #windows_8

Adobe Reader XI has suddenly stopped working on my Windows 8 laptop. It has worked previously and I'm not sure what has changed. I have the most up to date version of Adobe Reader. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled the program. I have also used the adobe cleaner but nothing seems to be helping. Please help! I have lots of information from classes that are in pdf files. Thank you!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 27, 2013 6:00 AM   in reply to sj3750

Is your Reader version 11.0.0?

Did you see any error while launching Reader?  Please share snapshot of error if you see any.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 27, 2013 10:16 PM   in reply to sj3750

Some things to try...

• Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
    • Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
    • If you cannot open Reader by itself, try to disable Protected Mode in the registry; download, unzip, then run the attached registry script
    • It could even be a malware issue; see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html
    Attachments:

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points