Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Pop-Up at startup on Dreamweaver CC

Sep 27, 2013 6:49 AM

I get a pop-up at the startup of Dreamweaver CC everytime I start it. It doesn't seem to interfere with anything except my OCD (LOL)

The Document Type "" will not be added because it uses a file extension that is already associated with a prior Document Type.

It may have come from an extension I added, I do not remember/know. I do not have that many extensions to begin with.

Is there anyway to go to a "file or folder" and just delete/change something? Is there some type of "steps" I can take to track it down? I really hate the thought of uninstall/reinstall (as most people do). I guess I am hoping that someone has run into this, fixed this, heard of this.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 27, 2013 10:16 AM   in reply to TurkeyBranch

Hi TurkeyBranch,

Have a look at the section on MMDocumentTypes.xml file in http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/change-add-recognized-file-exten sions.html

At the end of the section you will find this information

To stop these warning messages, move your backup copy of the MMDocumentTypes.xml file outside the Configuration/DocumentTypes folder. For example, move it to the desktop. You will also get this error message if you have the same file type listed more than once in the MMDocumentTypes.xml.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to TurkeyBranch

Ok so I ran into the same pop-up problem after installing a SASS/SCSS/LESS code coloring extention from Adam Coulombe (https://github.com/adamcoulombe/dw-compass-codehints).

I used Adobe Extention Manager CS6 to convert the .mxi package to a .zxp package, because Dreamweaver CC only takes the .zxp extention, and unfortunately the conversion tool is somehow removed from the Extention Manager.

I even moved both the MMDocumentTypes.xml and the Extention.txt files to my Desktop, so that they didn't exist anymore inside the DocumentTypes folder (or for the Extention.txt inside the 'configuration' folder).

Then I restarted Dreamweaver CC, and even restarted PC, but the error message didn't go away.

So now you know my steps, maybe they can be of any use to you.

Any other suggested are more than welcome!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points