Skip navigation
smjw
Currently Being Moderated

Single User Licence Agreement

Sep 28, 2013 1:53 PM

Tags: #lightroom #single_user_licence_agreement

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if the single user licence agreement for Lightroom extends to allow members of a single family home to all share and use the software (my husband and I). We have no more copies of Lightroom than what are allowed by the licence agreement (2 copies) - one on my husband's personal computer and one on our desktop and do not intend to make further copies.

We are having difficulty with this question since there only appears to be "single user" and "business/multi-user" agreements presented. We do not fit business multi-user however we do not want to assume single user means "single family" use.

Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 28, 2013 2:40 PM   in reply to smjw

All Adobe licenses (aside from volume) are strictly personal, i.e. to be used by one person only. And the two allowed installations can not be used at the same time (sort of goes without saying, given that). They are meant to cover work/home, dektop/laptop scenarios.

So you and your husband can not share one license and still comply with the EULA. Not that I believe it's enforced in any way, but that's what it says.

My wife accepted this with no questions once I explained it, somewhat to my relief

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 28, 2013 3:20 PM   in reply to smjw

OK, that's good to know. It's not what the EULA actually says, but maybe they're allowing some slack.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points