Skip navigation
Casluhimite3
Currently Being Moderated

AE Templates won't import

Sep 30, 2013 7:39 PM

I recently purchased ‘Adobe After Effects CC.’ I then downloaded several AE Templates. Each time in attempted to import one of the templates, I received the following messages:

1. This project must be converted from version 9.0.3 (Macintosh Intel.) I then pressed OK.

2. The following layer dependencies are missing: ‘Text Layer: ‘Font Layer’: ‘Font Family:’ “Onani” ‘Font Style:’ ‘Regular:’ I then  pressed OK.

3. After Effects warning: 9 files are missing since you last saved this project. I then pressed OK.

4. After Effects warning: File “Creative Space Ident.aep’ is locked. You can’t save any changes to this file. I then pressed OK.

Now the Composition window appears and there is a bar code across the window screen...White, Green, red and Blue.

I spoke with Zeb at Adobe Tech support who told me there is not an issue with their software. But he could not explain the problem. I’m somewhat of a novice and my only experience with video editing software has been limited to Sony Movie Studio, and Pinnacle Studio 16.

Can someone please help me resolve these issues. I hate to think I wasted good money buying this AE program. Thank You.

Jared Lamarr

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 30, 2013 7:43 PM   in reply to Casluhimite3

It sounds like you bought some bad templates that didn't come with all of the elements that they require. This is not an After Effects problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2013 8:23 PM   in reply to Casluhimite3

There are no After Effects project templates on the creative.adobe.com/products page that you linked to. That's where you get the After Effects application.

Where you choose to purchase and download additional project templates is entirely up to you. I have no recommendations for such sites.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 6:16 AM   in reply to Casluhimite3

Todd Kopriva is one of the best people I know. He's very helpful and supportive and gives help in these user-to-user forums in his spare time. This is not an official Adobe support channel; he's just helping out where he can because he's a good person.

However, he, as an Adobe employee, cannot give suggestions on where you purchase templates because that would be seen as an official endorsement.

Also, what Todd and the support person you mentioned are telling you is true. That's not an issue with After Effects. It's missing fonts and footage elements.

Before you try using the program, you really need to get a basic foundation in how it works, otherwise you will just be frustrated. Here is a great (free!) place to start. Seriously, the program is way more powerful and complicated than you realize. You can't just start trying to use it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points