Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't EXPORT or RENDER in PREM CC!! "Error compiling movie. Unknown Error."

Oct 1, 2013 7:32 AM

I am using PMW200 MXF files alongside 5D MKiii files - I finished the edit and went to render/export and it won't let me do either! I can't get the edit out of the software and I have a deadline in an hour.

I only bought the software today (have been using the trial version and I am just coming from FCP 7 - I get this error:

"Error compiling movie. Unknown Error."

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 1, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to Benjamin Wigley

The problem with an Unknown Error is that the cause is...unknown.  Without that, there's no surefire fix.  You'll have to experiment with different things.  Try to render small sections to see if you can find where it fails.  Try removing effects to see if one of them is a problem.  Try exporting to a different hard drive, to a different codec, to a different resolution.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 1:06 PM   in reply to Benjamin Wigley

If you have not seen this Adobe KB Article, it might help: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering -or.html

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2014 8:02 PM   in reply to Benjamin Wigley

I'm experiencing the same problem. I tried moving my project file over (don't ask why I didn't copy it, I was frustrated!) and now Premiere tells me it's damaged!! Is there anyway to reverse this??

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2014 11:32 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hello Bill

The Adobe KB Article (http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering -or.html ) does not answer the question asked, because the end of the error message is "Unknown error" which is not listed in this article.

I often encouter this error which is a RANDOM error which occurs only with pictures (4256x2832 .jpg or more when I use panoramic pictures with more than 50 MPx) but never with video (1920x1080 HD .m2ts) from my camcorder. The only way I found to do a complete render is :

- save and close the project without editing it,

- close Adobe Premiere Pro (CS6 or CC, same error),

- reopen Premiere Pro and reload the project,

- resume the render.

If I render WITHOUT Mercury Playback Engine : all is perfect, no error but the render needs very much more time.

My own conclusion : this render crash might be due to VRAM oveflooded during render with Mercury Playback Engine (this might be checked and monitored with the freeware GPU-Z).

My GPU is GTX 570 with 1280 MB VRAM and the render are only full HD (H.264 1920x1080i).

If you have a solution except remove the GPU and purchase a GTX 770 OC 4 GB VRAM, I am waiting for it.

My actual system :

- CPU Intel core i7 970 (6 cores, overeclocked to 3,9 GHz),

- MoBo : Intel DX58SO2,

- RAM : 24 GB,

- GPU GTX570 with VRAM 1280MB (Nvidia driver allways up-to-date),

- HDD : RAID 10 with four WD 1002FAEX (7200 tpm, 64 MB cache),

- OS W7 64 SP1, 64 bits (allways updated)

Regards

Jacques

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points