Skip navigation
JacobKJonesTC
Currently Being Moderated

Zoom function for InDesign SWF & HTML5

Oct 1, 2013 10:33 AM

Tags: #photoshop #pdf #flash #dreamweaver #swf #indesign #ebook #print #page #zoom #flip #fla #cc #creativecloud #eedition

Hello all. 

I'm trying to make an InDesign document into a .swf file (for an interactive eEdition of a newspaper).

I have got all the buttons I need and the neat little page curl animation for flipping pages.

I have two questions now:

Is there a way I can convert this swf file to a HTML 5 file and keep all the animations and what not? I tried using Flash CC, using CreateJS but all it did was show all my pages infinitely scrolling through each other.

I also want a function to Zoom in.  Since it's a newspaper, some parts are going to be hard to read without getting a closer look.  Is there any way (Whether in dreamweaver, flash, indesign, etc.) to make a button somewhere that allows for a Zoom?

Thanks so much for any help.

Jacob

Replies
  • Rob Day
    3,134 posts
    Oct 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 1, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to JacobKJonesTC

Is there a way I can convert this swf file to a HTML 5 file and keep all the animations and what not? I tried using Flash CC, using CreateJS but all it did was show all my pages infinitely scrolling through each other.

No. CreateJS can only convert timeline animations, the exported curl effect is via ActionScript.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 1, 2013 1:19 PM   in reply to JacobKJonesTC

If you are ready to keep your magazine as SWF, you can add a zoom function to it with eDocker2 Desktop Publisher...

Sample (SWF made in InDesign, finalized with eDocker):

http://www.edocker.com/_demo/edocker-online-demo/index.html

It´s a bit pricy but you can try it for free and there´s also a 50% off the price for some time... send me a private message if you want that discount, I will send you a discount code.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points