Skip navigation
volzc9802
Currently Being Moderated

Folder Directory Create

Oct 1, 2013 12:18 PM

I recently Migrated our sharepoint from windows 2003 to 2008. In doing so I lost Cold fusion and a directory Wizard, This wizard was put in place to create a folder directory out on our network drive when used. Now I have Coldfusion 10 installed on my new sharepoint server, I have brought over all of these directory wizard files but it still does not work. Its like I am missing a certain link in the chain here. Can anyone shed some light on the topic?

The wizard opens up to the first page, which it says next to continue. You would select a company which the code is written to pull a companies list from the network drive, then it creates a folder directory with files in the on that network drive. Now when you lick the initital next button it buttons and takes us to a The website cannot display the page. I still have all the original code files, placed into the same exact directory on the sharepoint server. The sharepoint server is an identical match, but its like somewhere something isnt lined up correctly.

I also have downloaded Coldfusion builder also.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 1, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to volzc9802

Without knowing what this wizard is, I don't know how we could help.  Are you able to execute a CFM page with code on it to see if the service running CF has rights to create the directory?

<cfset directoryCreate( expandPath( '/path/to/new/directory' ) ) />

or

<cfset directoryCreate( 'C:\path\to\new\directory' ) />

I think ColdFusion 10 has a code analyzer built into it that you can run on the wizard files to see if it finds a problem with the code used in those files compared to the functionality that is available in CF10.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 1:54 PM   in reply to volzc9802

This requires a level of familiarity with the basics of ColdFusion; the solution here will not be through the CF Admin.

What I wanted you to check was to create a ColdFusion page, such as 'test.cfm'.  Place it within the web root of your ColdFusion server, and ensure that the code I provided above is in it (but modify the paths to your local filesystem).

Then, simply navigate to the file in a browser; it will execute the page.  You can put a <cfoutput>All done!</cfoutput> at the end of the code so you have some visual indicator that the page executed, and then go check the directory you specified, and it should be created.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Sharepoint, so I'm not sure what role it's playing in all this.  You said you have CF 10 installed, so I assume it's up and running and ready to serve CFM pages.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 2:02 PM   in reply to volzc9802

Oh, dang.

CF10's Code Analyzer (available from CF Admin > Debugging & Logging > Code Analyzer) actually only goes back as far as CF8 to determine if there are deprecated content in the CFM.

I'd say chances are, this is the issue.  That's quite a bit of time between versions.  These wizard files which are failing; do you remember where you got them?  Maybe they can provide a CF10-compatible version.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to volzc9802

When you were using the WSC tool, were you integrating ColdFusion into an IIS server, where it can capture requests off the default port of 80, or is ColdFusion running as standalone, where it usually runs off the default port of 8500?

What the WSC tool does is create a CFIDE and Jakarta folder in the sites you specify, and it creates Handler Mappings so that associated CFM/CFML/CFC/CFSWF/CFR files execute off the isapi_rewrite.dll located in the jakarta virtual directory.

Maybe if I understood a little more about your server setup I might be able to think of a thing you can check.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to volzc9802

OK, I'm assuming IIS7+ or so here, but

1. Goto the site where the CF is running off of.  Is there a CFIDE and jakarta virtual directory off the root of the site?  (If not, create one called CFIDE and map it to {CF-INSTALL-PATH}\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE.  Ensure there is a folder called jakarta (if not, create one and map it to {CF-INSTALL-PATH}\config\wsconfig\1

2. Open up the site and select HANDLER MAPPERS.  Ensure you have an entry for .cfm, .cfml, .cfc, .cfswf, .cfr and that they point to: {CF-INSTALL-PATH}\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll

3. Open up the site and select ISAPI FILTERS.  Ensure you have an entry for CF (It'll probably call itself Tomcat) and that it points to: {CF-INSTALL-PATH}\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll

4. Open up the SERVER and select ISAPI AND CGI RESTRICTIONS.  Make sure that your tomcat ISAPI filter is set to ALLOWED for restriction.

Confirm these for me if you can.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 9:03 AM   in reply to volzc9802

CF10 does things differently; it has no need for the wildcard solution that previous versions of CF used.

OK, when you get to the website that displays a blank page, can you view the source through the browser and see if any code was actually generated?

Also, were there any other numerical folders in C:\cfusion\config\wsconfig ?  By default, each time you run the connector, it may create a new folder (2, 3, 4).  If the settings are internally set to a number other than 1, and we've pointed everything to '1', this could be a reason why things are not working.  CF relies on the jakarta virtual directory in order for CFML pages to generate.

Just for clarification on my side.  This isn't the CF wizard we're talking about, right?  Where after you install, the browser opens and you complete the rest of the installation setup process.  That's already been done, correct?  This "Sharepoint" is like you navigating out to a location like:

http://nameofServer/sharepointFilesFolder/file.cfm

Correct?

Also, can you goto START > CMD > services.msc and ensure that ll 5 CF services are running?  (At the least, The CF10 Application Server service needs to run, but let's just ensure those are correct as well).  Can you provide us with the URL of the page that is rendering for you?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 12:22 PM   in reply to volzc9802

Is the contents of the directory.cfm code too long to post here?  If it's private, I can understand and respect that.  I'd just like to inspect it to see if I can see any code which may not be working in the CF10 environment.

CF has to be running just fine, because the first page is a CFM, and it functioned and rendered just fine.  Chances are, though, it may be using rather simple CF that functions the same in CF7 as it does in CF10.

You're saying this second page generates a white page and there is no source code generated from it, so it is either failing to generate output, or is encountering some type of processing error.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 1:56 PM   in reply to volzc9802

Well I see a lot of HTML errors here, but I'm going to go with the obvious.

Try wrapping the entire document (make a backup first) in <CFOUTPUT>

If the page is being requested and there is no error, but nothing is being generated, chances are, CF is not outputting it to the buffer.

And wow, is that a <center> tag I see?  That's a blast from the past!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to Aegis Kleais

Maybe something like this:

<cfparam name="selectedDirectory" default="" />

<cfoutput><!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<title>C&amp;I Engineering - Project Directory Wizard</title>

</head>

<body>

<cfinclude template="header.cfm" />

<cfinclude template="mainarea.cfm" />

<form action="directory2.cfm" method="post" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

<p>Please select a company directory to place the new projects:</p>

<hr>

<cfdirectory

action="list"

directory="\\servername\shared\projects"

name="myDirectory"

sort="name ASC" />

<select name="mainDirectory">

<cfloop query="myDirectory">

<cfif type eq 'dir'

and name is uCase( VARIABLES.selectedDirectory )>

<option value="#name#" selected="selected">#name#</option>

<cfelse>

<option value="#name#">#name#</option>

</cfif>

</cfloop>

</select>

<hr>

<p><a href="addnewclient.cfm" title="Add New Client">Add New Client</a> (if not listed)</p>

<hr>

<p>Project Name:</p>

<p><input type="text" maxlength="20" size="20" name="dirToCreate" value="" /></p>

<hr>

<cfinclude template="actionbuttons.cfm" />

</form>

</body>

</html>

</cfoutput>

I couldn't understand the logic you're using for the select option list loop.  You default a variable called selectedDirectory to an empty string and then you loop over the list of files and folders from the specified value and check to see if they are a directory and have a name equal to the uppercase value of an empty string.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to volzc9802

How familiar are you with ColdFusion code and HTML?   Do me a favor...

1. If there is an application.cfc file in the main directory (or 'application.cfm') temporarily rename it as 'application.cfc.old' or 'application.cfm.old' so that its code does not execute.

2. Create a new page called 'test.cfm' and put this coded in it:

<cfset directoryPath = 'c:\windows' />

<cfdirectory

action="list"

directory="#directoryPath#"

recurse="false"

type="dir"

name="directories" />

<cfoutput>

<select name="directory" id="directory">

<cfloop query="directories">

<option value="#directory#\#name#">#name#</option>

</cfloop>

</select>

</cfoutput>

3. Put that file in the root of the site, but update the first line, where directory path is, to point the the location where you want to get a list of folders.

4. Open a browser and navigate out to this test.cfm page.  It should present you with a simple dropdown list, populated with folders from the specified directory path.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 10:05 AM   in reply to volzc9802

OK, so dir_startup.cfm comes up, right.  You press NEXT to goto directory.cfm where you're expecting the dropdown to be populated with directories from the path you provided, no?

Are you getting to directory.cfm and is the dropdown populating with expected values?  Because directory.cfm has code on line 24 (the <cfdirectory> tag) which is looking for the path:

\\servername\shared\projects

That means, you have to have a server ON your network called servername, and the subsequent path (shared\projects) needs to exist as well.  Can you confirm this?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 2:00 PM   in reply to volzc9802

From the message thread above, it sounds like you haven't customized the ColdFusion install beyond the defaults.  By default, the ColdFusion service will run as the Local System account. This account cannot access network resources.  You will need to go into the Windows Services applet and set the ColdFusion service to run under a Windows domain account that has permissions to your network server folder structure.

If your ColdFusion 7 server is still running somewhere, go check what account the ColdFusion service is running under.  Use the same account on your new ColdFusion 10 server.

HTH,

-Carl V.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 2:17 PM   in reply to volzc9802

Sorry, volzc9802

I've been fighting this forum login bug on Adobe's forums.  Both Chrome (my preferred browser) and IE are now failing to log me in, so I opened Firefox and was able to get in)

Carl stole my thunder here *shakes fists at Carl* 8:)

You need to check the credentials that your ColdFusion application server service is running as.

START > CMD > services.msc

If it is LOCALSYSTEM then that is why it cannot get the directory listing off another machine.  Do you have an account that has such rights?  If so, set the service to that account and restart the service, then attempt the page again and report the result.

I'm not sure how much longer it's going to be until Adobe can fix their forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to volzc9802

GRRR!

I am getting SO AGGRAVATED at Adobe with these damn forum login issues!  I've reset my password, cleared by cache, restarted by browser, and now Chrome and Firefox can't login!  Dangit, sorry volzc9802, for taking so long to get back; I've been fighting Adobe's forums just to respond.

Here's what I'm thinking.  Your site is operating off a subdirectory, not directory off the site root right?  So, as such.  Is there a chance that ColdFusion may be looking for an application.cfc file in the current directory, not finding it, and then traversing up the directory structure until it does find one (which was not designed for your files in question)?

If so, add an application.cfc and populate it with the bare necessities:

<cfcomponent>

<cfset THIS.name = 'testApplication' />

</cfcomponent>

Then re-request the first file and see if submitting a form gets any further.

Secondly, can you view the source on the first page and then validate it through this page:

http://validator.w3.org/

Clcik on VALIDATE BY DIRECT INPUT and then paste the code in.  If you could cut n paste the errors that come after it, one might be so severe as to cause us issues during the submit.  I know this code is FAR from valid, but it might find something we're overlooking as well.

You said you were using IIS right?  What version? 

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 11:51 AM   in reply to volzc9802

Is the sample code you tested from Adobe referencing itself in the <form> element's action attribute?

On the second page, can you insert the following code at the top of the page?

<cfdump var="#CGI#" />

<cfdump var="#FORM#" abort="1" />

Let me know if the page dumps any information when it executes.  If it does, please cut and paste the results so we can see.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 12:44 PM   in reply to volzc9802

Well that doesn't make sense.

The SCRIPT_NAME shows dir_startup.cfm, which you said was your first page, but this code should have been placed on the second page.  I noticed that because the METHOD by which the CGI shows the page was invoked was a GET call, and not a POST.  The FORM scope won't have any information on this page.  We're interested in seeing the CGI information as well as the FORM once you've submitted the form.  Put the code I provided on the second page and let me know what outputs there for the CGI and FORM dump.

And how are you using <cfform>?  The page itself shows a <form> tag, not a <cfform> tag.

I know you moved the 2nd page information into the first, but we need you to set that back as it was.  The FORM scope shows form information but it can only do so if you POST to the second page, not GET.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to volzc9802

Look at your CGI dump.

The SCRIPT_NAME tells me that dir_startup.cfm is what was requested.   And look at the REQUEST_METHOD, it states GET.

This means, the page that has your dump of the CGI scope was called via GET, and not POST.  This is where I am getting confused now.

When you request a page, say http://hostname/folder/file.cfm

By default, you are performing a HTTP/1.1 GET /folder/file.cfm

When you are on a page and it has a form, the form's METHOD attribute is looked at as well as the ACTION.  If the method is POST and the action is directory2.cfm, the CGI dump (which should be on THAT page) should perform a:  HTTP/1.1 POST directory2.cfm

But your CGI dump is showing that the page which has the dump was requested by GET.  The FORM dump will NOT show any information unless it is on a page that you POSTed to, ie.

page1.cfm -> Has a <form> with a method="POST" and an action="page2.cfm"

When the user requests http://host/page1.cfm, then they just did: HTTP/1.1 GET page1.cfm

When they fill out the form and submit, the browser performs a: HTTP/1.1 POST page2.cfm

On page2.cfm, there should be a <cfdump var="#FORM#" />

This will be a structure that contains all the form elements (as well as some other info) from the previous page.

That's what I'm expecting to see.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 1:14 PM   in reply to Aegis Kleais

OK, let's try this.  Make a new page, test.cfm and put this code in it, then browse out to it.

<cfsetting showdebugoutput="false" />

<cfoutput><!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>Example</title>

</head>

<body>

<form name="test_form" method="post" action="#CGI.script_name#" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

<cfif CGI.content_length gt 0>

<p>A form was posted to this page.  Here is the data ColdFusion captured:</p>

<cfdump var="#FORM#" />

<p>I can now, re-request this page without the submitted form data by performing a HTTP/1.1 GET of this page</p>

<p>To do that, simply <a href="#CGI.script_name#" title="Click on this link">click on this link.</a></p>

<cfelse>

<p>No form has been submitted yet.  Enter a value into the field below and submit it.</p>

<p>This will perform a HTTP/1.1 POST to this page, populating the ColdFusion FORM scope.</p>

<p><input type="text" name="myValue" id="myValue" /></p>

<p><input type="submit" id="submit" value="POST this to myself" /></p>

</cfif>

</form>

</body>

</html></cfoutput>

Upon visiting the page, you should have a form field.  When you submit the form, it actually POSTS back to itself and then should show you the FORM scope dump of information, providing you with a GET-based link to start all over again.

Does this page show you the information you entered in the input field when you submit it?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 1:33 PM   in reply to volzc9802

OK, well, you CAN set a form's method to GET, it will simply append the values into the URL, for example, that request you made would goto:

test.cfm?myValue=1

From there, you'd dump the URL scope <cfdump var="#URL#" /> in order to capture the values that were sent.

OK, so this proves that form submission is working on your machine.  One thing you may/may not have noticed, is that the code I provided you is 100% HTML5 valid.  I had asked you earlier to validate the code, and you indicated there were a bunch of errors.  Well, we may just want to look into these to ensure that one of them is not gumming up the functionality.

|
    Mark as:
    1. Warning Unable to Determine Parse Mode!
    2. The validator can process documents either as XML (for document types such as XHTML, SVG, etc.) or SGML (for HTML 4.01 and prior versions). For this document, the information available was not sufficient to determine the parsing mode unambiguously, because:
    3. in Direct Input mode, no MIME Media Type is served to the validator
    • No known Document Type could be detected
    • No XML declaration (e.g <?xml version="1.0"?>) could be found at the beginning of the document.
    • No XML namespace (e.g <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">) could be found at the root of the document.
    1. As a default, the validator is falling back to SGML mode.
    2. Warning No DOCTYPE found! Checking with default HTML 4.01 Transitional Document Type.

No DOCTYPE Declaration could be found or recognized in this document. This generally means that the document is not declaring its Document Type at the top. It can also mean that the DOCTYPE declaration contains a spelling error, or that it is not using the correct syntax.

The document was checked using a default "fallback" Document Type Definition that closely resembles “HTML 4.01 Transitional”.

Learn how to add a doctype to your document from our FAQ.

3. Info No Character encoding declared at document level

No character encoding information was found within the document, either in an HTML meta element or an XML declaration. It is often recommended to declare the character encoding in the document itself, especially if there is a chance that the document will be read from or saved to disk, CD, etc.

See this tutorial on character encoding for techniques and explanations.

4. Info Using Direct Input mode: UTF-8 character encoding assumed

Unlike the “by URI” and “by File Upload” modes, the “Direct Input” mode of the validator provides validated content in the form of characters pasted or typed in the validator's form field. This will automatically make the data UTF-8, and therefore the validator does not need to determine the character encoding of your document, and will ignore any charset information specified.

If you notice a discrepancy in detected character encoding between the “Direct Input” mode and other validator modes, this is likely to be the reason. It is neither a bug in the validator, nor in your document.

↑ Top

Validation Output: 27 Errors

1. ErrorLine 1, Column 1: no document type declaration; implying "<!DOCTYPE HTML SYSTEM>"
      <HTML>

The checked page did not contain a document type ("DOCTYPE") declaration. The Validator has tried to validate with a fallback DTD, but this is quite likely to be incorrect and will generate a large number of incorrect error messages. It is highly recommended that you insert the proper DOCTYPE declaration in your document -- instructions for doing this are given above -- and it is necessary to have this declaration before the page can be declared to be valid.

2. WarningLine 3, Column 11: cannot generate system identifier for general entity "I"
       <TITLE>C&I Engineering - Project Directory Wizard</TITLE>

An entity reference was found in the document, but there is no reference by that name defined. Often this is caused by misspelling the reference name, unencoded ampersands, or by leaving off the trailing semicolon (;). The most common cause of this error is unencoded ampersands in URLs as described by the WDG in "Ampersands in URLs".

Entity references start with an ampersand (&) and end with a semicolon (;). If you want to use a literal ampersand in your document you must encode it as "&amp;" (even inside URLs!). Be careful to end entity references with a semicolon or your entity reference may get interpreted in connection with the following text. Also keep in mind that named entity references are case-sensitive; &Aelig; and &aelig; are different characters.

If this error appears in some markup generated by PHP's session handling code, this article has explanations and solutions to your problem.

Note that in most documents, errors related to entity references will trigger up to 5 separate messages from the Validator. Usually these will all disappear when the original problem is fixed.

3. ErrorLine 3, Column 11: general entity "I" not defined and no default entity

This is usually a cascading error caused by a an undefined entity reference or use of an unencoded ampersand (&) in an URL or body text. See the previous message for further details.

4. ErrorLine 3, Column 12: reference to entity "I" for which no system identifier could be generated

This is usually a cascading error caused by a an undefined entity reference or use of an unencoded ampersand (&) in an URL or body text. See the previous message for further details.

5. InfoLine 3, Column 10: entity was defined here
    6. ErrorLine 10, Column 21: there is no attribute "TEMPLATE"
      <CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="HEADER.CFM">

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.

7. ErrorLine 10, Column 33: element "CFINCLUDE" undefined
      <CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="HEADER.CFM">

You have used the element named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not define an element of that name. This error is often caused by:

• incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Frameset" document type to get the "<frameset>" element),
      • by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "<spacer>" or "<marquee>" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).
      • by using upper-case tags in XHTML (in XHTML attributes and elements must be all lower-case).
    8. ErrorLine 11, Column 45: invalid comment declaration: found name character outside comment but inside comment declaration
      <!---<CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="BUTTONBAR.CFM"> --->

9. InfoLine 11, Column 1: comment declaration started here
      <!---<CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="BUTTONBAR.CFM"> --->
    10. ErrorLine 12, Column 35: element "CFINCLUDE" undefined
      <CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="MAINAREA.CFM">

You have used the element named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not define an element of that name. This error is often caused by:

• incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Frameset" document type to get the "<frameset>" element),
      • by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "<spacer>" or "<marquee>" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).
      • by using upper-case tags in XHTML (in XHTML attributes and elements must be all lower-case).
    11. ErrorLine 16, Column 3: invalid comment declaration: found name character outside comment but inside comment declaration
      --->

12. InfoLine 14, Column 1: comment declaration started here
      <!---
    13. ErrorLine 20, Column 28: there is no attribute "HEIGHT"
      <TABLE WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%" BGCOLOR="#D4D0C8">

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.

14. ErrorLine 24, Column 21: there is no attribute "ACTION"
      <CFDIRECTORY action="list" DIRECTORY="\\ci-data\shared\PROJECTS"

15. ErrorLine 24, Column 38: there is no attribute "DIRECTORY"
      <CFDIRECTORY action="list" DIRECTORY="\\ci-data\shared\PROJECTS"

16. ErrorLine 25, Column 10: there is no attribute "NAME"
          NAME="myDirectory"

17. ErrorLine 26, Column 10: there is no attribute "SORT"
          SORT="Name ASC">

18. ErrorLine 26, Column 20: element "CFDIRECTORY" undefined
          SORT="Name ASC">

19. ErrorLine 27, Column 15: there is no attribute "NAME"
      <CFPARAM NAME="SELECTEDDIRECTORY" DEFAULT="">

20. ErrorLine 27, Column 43: there is no attribute "DEFAULT"

21. ErrorLine 27, Column 45: element "CFPARAM" undefined

22. ErrorLine 31, Column 17: there is no attribute "QUERY"
      <CFOUTPUT QUERY="myDirectory">

23. ErrorLine 31, Column 30: element "CFOUTPUT" undefined
      <CFOUTPUT QUERY="myDirectory">

24. ErrorLine 32, Column 12: "TYPE" is not a member of a group specified for any attribute
      <CFIF TYPE IS "Dir">

25. ErrorLine 32, Column 15: an attribute value literal can occur in an attribute specification list only after a VI delimiter
      <CFIF TYPE IS "Dir">

Have you forgotten the "equal" sign marking the separation between the attribute and its declared value? Typical syntax is attribute="value".

26. ErrorLine 32, Column 15: element "CFIF" undefined
      <CFIF TYPE IS "Dir">

27. ErrorLine 33, Column 8: an attribute specification must start with a name or name token
       <CFIF "#NAME#" IS "#UCASE(SELECTEDDIRECTORY)#">

An attribute name (and some attribute values) must start with one of a restricted set of characters. This error usually indicates that you have failed to add a closing quotation mark on a previous attribute value (so the attribute value looks like the start of a new attribute) or have used an attribute that is not defined (usually a typo in a common attribute name).

28. ErrorLine 33, Column 8: element "CFIF" undefined
       <CFIF "#NAME#" IS "#UCASE(SELECTEDDIRECTORY)#">

29. ErrorLine 35, Column 9: element "CFELSE" undefined
       <CFELSE>

30. ErrorLine 54, Column 40: element "CFINCLUDE" undefined
      <CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="ACTIONBUTTONS.CFM">

31. ErrorLine 57, Column 7: end tag for "CENTER" omitted, but its declaration does not permit this
      </BODY>

• You forgot to close a tag, or
      • you used something inside this tag that was not allowed, and the validator is complaining that the tag should be closed before such content can be allowed.

The next message, "start tag was here" points to the particular instance of the tag in question); the positional indicator points to where the validator expected you to close the tag.

32. InfoLine 7, Column 1: start tag was here
      <CENTER>

|
Mark as:
  • 1 2 Previous Next
    Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
    • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers