• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to submit iPad app today [HELP]

Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see some threads abut the iOS7 icons and some solutions for the command line. However I dont see any step by step guides for this.

Does anyone have these steps on hand ?

I'm working in Flash CC - AIR 3.9.0.960

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do the build on a Mac? If you can then the instructions I’ve given are easy enough. Here’s the short version:

Open Console, clear messages.

Do a publish from Flash Pro.

In Console you will see a line that includes “arrParameters”. Click on that line and do a Copy, and paste the results into a text editor.

Anywhere that shows a file path with a space in the name, put a \ before the space.

Type in the additional iOS 7 icon paths.

Select the text, from after "arrParameters content: " to the end of the text. Make sure not to copy the line break after the text.

Paste that text into Terminal, and press Enter/Return.

The app should get built, replacing the IPA that Flash Pro made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya.. Im on a Mac.

When you say console what console are you referring to ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Utilities, where you will go to open Terminal (the application named “Terminal”), you will see an application named “Console”. That one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, make sure that the icons are listed in the app descriptor XML. Flash will delete them each time you do a publish, so after doing the publish to get the Console line, go back into the XML and make sure it lists all of these size izons:

image40x40

image76x76

image80x80

image120x120

image152x152

image48x48

image72x72

image36x36

image96x96

image29x29

image57x57

image114x114

image512x512

image50x50

image58x58

image100x100

image144x144

image1024x1024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a lot of extra icon sizes in this list. Are these all necessary ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not, but they do no harm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting the error in the terminal.

Error: Unable to access jarfile /Users/username/SDks/AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the error above fixed...

Now Im getting

/Users/username/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/AppName_ANE_Cache is not a valid directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good now.. had to create a new directory to hold my ANE's and reference it in the terminal script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just wondering how you created new directory for your ANE file.  I am running into same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, I forgot about this. Put your ANEs into a folder somewhere, and change this part:

/Users/Company/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/XXX_ANE_Cache

to point at the folder you made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. You are my hero! It worked! Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, now I get this back from Apple.  Do you think I just need to add launch image in Terminal? If that's the case do I need to change my XML file?

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. New iPhone apps and app updates submitted targeting iOS 6 and above must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image with the -568h size modifier immediately following the <basename> portion of the launch image's filename. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and iOS App Programming Guide.

Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just add the Default-568h@2x.png in the Terminal. Normally though you would have added that inside Flash Pro, and it would then be part of your regional command line.

The image is 640x1136. If you’re doing landscape app, then take a 1136x640 version of your splash screen, and rotate that 90 degrees clockwise, to make the 640x1136 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I still need to add this into my XML file right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, splash screens don’t get added to the XML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. You are awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin,

How are you? I have been following your command line steps but it's not working for me.

(1) Do I have to put all the files into a folder somewhere?

(2) And how long do I have to wait until Terminal out put IPA file?

(3) I get an error messages when I put \ between spaces.

I am using Air 3.9.0.1030

Flash Pro CC

Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t have to move your files, if Flash CC managed to do the publish, then the file paths are already in the command line text.

If there’s something wrong the IPA will fail quickly. If it’s correct, then it may take a few minutes to make the IPA, depending on how complicated the app is. Roughly speaking it will be the same time it took to do the publish in Flash CC.

You don’t ever put \ between spaces, only in front of spaces. For example, the folder:

Adobe Flash CC

would be written as:

Adobe\ Flash\ CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I missed \ front of spaces. Now it's trying to make IPA file but looks like I have the same problem as Applauz78. I need to reference my ANE file but how do I do that? I don't even see Library folder.

/Users/username/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/AppName_ANE_Cache is not a valid directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that’s handled by the app descriptor file. Look at your ANE info, to see how you’re supposed to modify the XML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply.  I am using milkman extension and all I see is extension ID. What do I do now Colin!

<extensions>

<extensionID>com.milkmangames.extensions.IAd</extensionID>

</extensions>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you did the command line build, did you already do a complete Publish in Flash? You need to do that for it to make the swf for you. The swf will have the ANE inside it, assuming you added the ANE in the ActionScript Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines