Skip navigation
squawk ident
Currently Being Moderated

Greyed out icon on iPad

Oct 3, 2013 11:04 AM

The .ipa file for the app has been loaded into iTunes - and when synched with the ipad it turns gray after completely downloading.  When the greyed out icon is tapped it shows "installing".  The same indication remains on iTunes.  The app was built using version 27.  The ipad has iOS 7. Has this anything to do with the version I am using? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 3, 2013 1:57 PM   in reply to squawk ident

Are you sure your device is correctly added to the mobileprovision file you used when building the application?

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 3:39 PM   in reply to squawk ident

Have you recreated the developer mobileprovision file as well as the p12 file, rebuilt with them and tried to install? Another user's problem was resolved that way.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5634369#5634369

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to squawk ident

Are you attempting to install a distribution or developer signed application? You can only install the developer-signed application. The distribution signed application is not intended to be installed in this manner. Updating the developer certificates should not invalidate the application that customers get from the App Store.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2013 12:35 PM   in reply to squawk ident

This is the same problem I'm having with loading my dev ipa to my iPad via iTunes. It's v27, and I have the latest version of iTunes. The icon is grayed out and then goes into an endless loop of "Installing." I've tried this on both test devices linked to my apple dev account, one running ios 6 and the other 7.

Doesn't work on either one.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points