Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Styles group - something is not working well?

Oct 4, 2013 1:00 AM

Tags: #indesigncc #style_group

Hi!

Indd CC - up to date.

Please help me to understand the styles of group activities.

Instead, a better order, the document comes to me duplicate styles with the same names, shortcuts, and parameters?

and find/change patterns also stop working because of this!

What is the practical need to create a new style at the time when it is assigned to a group?

Best Regards!

Movie: http://cl.ly/2Q1V2W3d1s2r

Indd-style-group.jpg

Indd-style-group-find.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 4, 2013 2:14 AM   in reply to MarioMari

IMHO, grouping is nothing more than putting styles together that are similar or belong to a certain part of the document, like styles for a TOC, styles for an index etc.

In a long list of styles, grouping also helps to hide rarely used styles in a folders, which decreases the need to scroll in the styles pane.

Btw,, don't your eyes hurt with that color settings? Light grey on black or dark grey is the worse you can do to your eyes. Almost no contrast. Adobe's programmers must have been freaky here.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 4, 2013 3:49 AM   in reply to MarioMari

I don't think it's useful, but possible due to the group name which somehow extends the style name.

I only see a problem when those styles have different settings and you copy something from another document, where a style with the same name was applied, and that style is  replaced by the wrong of the two identically named ones.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points