Skip navigation
Chouettecacahuete
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 type talk?

Oct 4, 2013 10:38 AM

Tags: #cs6

How do I change the default type Myriad Pro 12pt to open all new documents with Helvetica Regular 8pt?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 4, 2013 12:00 PM   in reply to Chouettecacahuete

You can change it in the New Document Profiles. You may search for its location, depending on OS. It may be something like this in an earlier thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4911134#4911134

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 2:16 PM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

Actually it's easy to find. In the new document dialog box, select "Browse" from the document profile menu. There you go directly into the folder where the new document profiles are.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2013 2:33 PM   in reply to Monika Gause

Thank you, Monika. That is good to know. Where were you in that other thread?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2013 9:20 AM   in reply to Chouettecacahuete

You have to do that in all the document profile files that you want to use.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2013 10:03 AM   in reply to Chouettecacahuete

I'm not on a mac, I'm using Windows 7, but there are two places where copies of these files are.

One is in the user folder:

C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS5 Settings\en_US\New Document Profiles

and the other is in the program files in the system

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS5\Support Files\Required\New Document Profiles\en_US

When opening a new document Illustrator will look for the document profiles in the user folder. The Browse button will go to the location last used which after installation or resetting the settings will be the document profiles in the user folder.

The files in the system will be used for creating the files in the user folder when deleting/resetting the settings.

I'm writing this in case it was the system files that were modified. It is also possible if there are more users of the same computer, someone to have made a copy of the documents profiles and the Browse button takes there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points