Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where is Adobe Fireworks CC?

Oct 6, 2013 11:12 PM

Tags: #fireworks

The only reason I pay for my creative cloud license is for Adobe Fireworks. Like me, other UX professionals use Fireworks to design Wireframes, Mockups, Prototypes using Fireworks. It seems like, Adobe is totally disconnected with the customer, and they dont really get whats the purpose of Fireworks!!! This is terrible adobe, Fireworks is the best tool for Web and Interface design, and it does it fast and quick!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2013 1:56 PM   in reply to tawhidzkhan

I completely agree. I'm an Lead UI/UX guru and with Fireworks I get my Web and Mobile work done fast and beautifully for large scale orgnization. Business teams understand interactions quickly because of Fireworks' Pages with hotspot capabilities. Fireworks is a simple tool packed with great, really great useful and only the most needed features. And there are plugins for various other feature specific capabilities.

Adobe, it would be wonderful if you continue to support Fireworks. And most importantly its users. Fireworks makes my job a breeze while having fun.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to tawhidzkhan

Fireworks is dead in the water, and has been like that since Adobe aquired Macromedia. I believe Macromedia meant to drop it anyway at that time, and Adobe sort-of saved it from its demise.

Adobe is not going to continue to develop it - the way web pages are built nowadays do not fit in the slice paradigm Fireworks still uses, and that is probably why they are stumbling in the dark trying to come up with fumbled alternatives like Muse and Edge. Photoshop is still quite limited for this type of work.

Luckily enough, there are some good (better?) alternatives. Although not exactly the same toolset, I have been very happy with a combination of Photoline and Xara Designer Pro for wireframing, prototyping and mockup design.

For those who are seeking full design tools in one application that completely replaces Fireworks: Xara Designer Pro pretty much offers everything Fireworks can do, and much more:

http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/

Fireworks looks a bit old in the tooth compared, and Designer Pro includes all Xara Web Designer Premium tools as well.

There's also a web designer edition.

Best thing: you can do a cross-upgrade - meaning you can use your current Adobe license to upgrade to the latest version for a 33% reduced price. I would suggest anyone in web dev/design to download the trial and give it a whirl!

And no subscription model in sight ;-) nudge, nudge, wink,wink

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points