Skip navigation
wyatltaylor
Currently Being Moderated

Trouble with Area Type Tool

Oct 8, 2013 3:30 PM

Tags: #help #type #compound_paths #area_type_tool

Circle logo.jpg

I'm currently trying to place body copy text inside all that is teal. I have outlined the graphic, and released the compound paths. I have gotten as far sa clicking the edge of the circle and then being able to type within the circle. But how do I make it so the "CH" and "College Hill" are essentially cut into the circle so the text must go around them as well?

Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 8, 2013 3:47 PM   in reply to wyatltaylor

Wyat,

As I (mis)understand it, you may have/bring the graphic (CH & College Hill) in front of the Type to wrap, select both/all, and then Type>Wrap>Make.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2013 5:14 PM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

In my version this us under Object > Text Wrap > Make.

Wyat, Text Wrap Options in the same menu where you can control the offset is easier to choose using the preview after applying the wrap with with the wrapped object selected.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2013 5:58 PM   in reply to wyatltaylor

the first image on the left is what we were explaining, the two images on the right is another guess of mine. The images on the right were simply created with the Area Type Tool by clicking in each path and pasting. The paths must be simple and not compound. Letters with wholes like the g at the bottom is two simple paths (not compound) first you fill the outer path  with text and use the inner path to wrap around as suggested in the first guess from Jacob and me.

Untitled-4.jpg

If these are still not what you are looking for, draw a sketch of what you are trying to achieve.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2013 6:11 PM   in reply to emil emil

another 3 quick guesses while the document is still open

May be you are not looking for wrapping but just fill the background with some clipped text?

Pick up what is in your mind before me closing the document   All of the guesses so far qualify as "recreate this logo out of text"

5.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points