Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Trying to build Dissolve plugin with Visual Studio 2012

Oct 8, 2013 6:10 PM

I have fixed most of the errors that have been popping up so far but not sure what this one means.

Error5error C1189: #error :  The C++ Standard Library forbids macroizing keywords. Enable warning C4005 to find the forbidden macro.C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\include\xkeycheck.h2421

That seems to be the main error and everything after that says IntelliSense in front of it.  I am assuming those errors are comming from the error C1189 though. 

Any thoughts on what this might be or how to fix it?

-Tim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 8, 2013 8:25 PM   in reply to timsvw

Maybe this is your problem. Did you recently add some includes?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/494064/c-visual-studio-compilation- error

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2013 11:32 AM   in reply to timsvw

Hmm, creating a Visual C++ 2005 Project, someone should update those instructions! Any reason you cannot use Studio 2010, that is what CS6 was built with and what we recommend. Using the same tool set is a good idea. We are looking at updating to 2012 some time in the future.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to timsvw

I would suggest getting the SDK again and then opening up the Dissolve.sln file in MSDEV 2012 and letting the auto convert do it for you. When I did the conversion from 2010 to 2012 on our internal plugins I didn't have any issues with the MSDEV auto project converter. I wonder if you have some quotes out of place in your .r custom build step.

Here is an example that i have. You would need to edit the include paths and path to cnvtpipl for your environment.

cl /I..\..\..\..\shared\include\photoshop /I..\..\..\..\shared\include\sweetpea\spapi /DMSWindows=1 /EP /Tc"%(FullPath)" > "$(IntDir)\%(Filename).rr"

..\..\..\utilities\cnvtpipl "$(IntDir)\%(Filename).rr" "$(IntDir)\%(Filename).pipl"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points