Skip navigation
oceanika3
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot customize my website...

Oct 10, 2013 3:03 AM

I would like to customize my website but I cannot see the graphic preview. My website is www.gulliverhouse.com.

Can you explain why?

Many thanks!

http://www.gulliverhouse.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 10, 2013 10:16 AM   in reply to oceanika3

oceanika3 wrote:

I would like to customize my website but I cannot see the graphic preview. My website is www.gulliverhouse.com.

Can you explain why?

Many thanks!

http://www.gulliverhouse.com

I can see the website in a browser, no problem.

You have not explained what sort of a website it is, Where does it get its data from? Is it a CMS site where the content is stored in a database? Is it a PHP site?

Maybe you should explain first and to help us even more, tell us what it is that you would like to customise.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2013 1:02 PM   in reply to oceanika3

Sounds like two different issues here...

Dreamweaver can't modify images, aside from using css and html to change height and width. You would need Photoshop in order to do any image editing.

If you uploaded the html page via Filezilla, did you also upload the image files? That doesn't happen automatically when you upload a page.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2013 3:13 PM   in reply to oceanika3

This is most likely a path issue. Have you defined the local and remote site in Dreamweaver? Did you put all of the template files in their correct location?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2013 3:36 PM   in reply to bregent

Yep that's what it looks like. You need to make sure all relevant images and scripts and pointing to the correct place. Use the browse file option to relink all the paths to the local files.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points