Skip navigation
greatsport
Currently Being Moderated

I have creative suite 3 that I use for my newspaper. Adobe is no longer supporting this program. Wha

Oct 11, 2013 9:13 AM

I have creative suite 3 that I use for my newspaper. adobe no longer supports this program. What do I do for a program.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 11, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to greatsport

Upgrade to Creative Cloud

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to greatsport

The answer is here. Click "Get Started." You can download a trial for 30 days.

https://creative.adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2013 10:15 AM   in reply to greatsport

Adobe stopped supporting CS3 years ago. What exactly is it that is

bringing this up now?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2013 3:32 PM   in reply to greatsport

Your other option, albeit more cost upfront, is to purchase a new license to CS6 perpetual license (no monthly payments as is the so-called Creative Cloud). Be aware that there really won't be future fixes for anything in CS6. Which until modern OS' cannot run CS6, is just fine with me.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2013 3:44 PM   in reply to MW Design

Mike,

Sept. 30, Adobe released InDesign CS6 version 8.0.2 updater.

This handles many bug fixes as covered at http://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cs6-2-release-no tes.html.

While I have absolutely NO idea of what they will or won't be doing way down the road, it does show their committment to cleaning up CS 6.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2013 4:16 PM   in reply to Sandee Cohen

Hi Sandee--yes, they did release that update. And Adobe has written in the past that they will also update it for one more OS update. But as far as I know, that will be the last.

Which in the scheme of things is all I could expect. If there are more fixes past that update, cool. If not, no worries. Unless a customer chooses to send me something in CC or requires me to use it, I'll cross that bridge then on an as-needed basis. I won't go month in, month out for an indefinite amount of time though. I don't see enough print-centric enhancements to warrant a monthly commitment. I do ePubs in other applications, so that isn't an enticement should Adobe flesh that feature out better.

Don't think I have said so before. I've enjoyed your publications.

Take care, Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2013 9:47 PM   in reply to greatsport

Why do you need a different program? Is there something you need that CS3 is not providing?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points