Skip navigation
frankgravante@hotmail.com
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe InDesign CC, Startup Alert Plugins not valid.

Oct 11, 2013 2:16 PM

Installed Adobe CC (Full Suite) on a clean (no other programs) OS X 10.7.5 iMac.

First launch of InDesign CC and we get the following 6 Startup Alerts:

Adobe InDesign does not recognize Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Any Explanation would be appreciated!  A solution would be great!!

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 11, 2013 2:31 PM   in reply to frankgravante@hotmail.com

Sounds like a hosed install. Uninstall it and install it again.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2013 12:23 AM   in reply to frankgravante@hotmail.com

You should instal any Adobe Apps from original installer only, with the CC from the CC app.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 1:20 PM   in reply to frankgravante@hotmail.com

I'm also seeing these errors after using the CC Packaging tool and then uploading to Casper Admin.  It seem once the .pkg is uploaded to Casper Admin it will start throwing the error, not sure why yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to mattefalco

I've never known desktop single-user licensing on Adobe apps to play well with tools like that. I know nothing about Casper Admin, but I'd still start with the question "are you using volume licenses?" You say "CC Packaging tool" so I suppose that you are, but are you rolling serials into your installer?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 4:32 PM   in reply to frankgravante@hotmail.com

Seems there is an issue with Casper applying permissions?

Never having used it, I could only guess, but it sure seems like it, no? Have you asked the vendor?

(I have a small network to handle, myself, so I just sighed "Creative Cloud... it's just like Pagemaker, damn it" and have been installing it manually while logged in with administrative rights. You probably can't do that. But that was my fix for my workgroup, to treat it as if it was Pagemaker. But the only similarity between my environment and yours, it seems, is that it's not acceptable to allow all users control of a perfectly ordinary application folder.)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2013 5:56 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

We have the same exact errors. We downloaded the installers from Adobe and are installing individually on Macs with OS 10.6.8. Is there any new info on this error?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points