• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign CC, Startup Alert Plugins not valid.

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Adobe CC (Full Suite) on a clean (no other programs) OS X 10.7.5 iMac.

First launch of InDesign CC and we get the following 6 Startup Alerts:

Adobe InDesign does not recognize Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin plug-in and restart InDesign.

Show this alert again?

Any Explanation would be appreciated!  A solution would be great!!

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

I did both the commands (modfied for CC2015 as shown below), and the symlinks and it now displays no plugin errors. Great!

When i did the symlink mapping, nothing changed. So i did the below commands, so not sure if the symlink commands are necessary or not. What really worked was the following 3 commands:

sudo chown -R root:admin /Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC\ 2015/Plug-Ins/

sudo find /Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC\ 2015/Plug-Ins/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;

sudo find /Applications/Adobe\

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a hosed install. Uninstall it and install it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic troubleshooting such as reinstalling has been done. 

I am hoping to find a more technical explanation of what would cause a plugin on a fresh install to come up as not recognized as valid (such as a permissions problem) so I can perhaps correct the problem. 

Also, if someone could point me to where I can find the plugins so as to be able to reinstall them as instructed by the Startup Alert that would be helpful.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:  This install is via a Casper Imaging process and or a Casper Remote installation using a .pkg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should instal any Adobe Apps from original installer only, with the CC from the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same exact errors. We downloaded the installers from Adobe and are installing individually on Macs with OS 10.6.8. Is there any new info on this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The errors (in our case) occurred because we were using JAMF JSS with an SMB network share which our .pkg was hosted on and being installed via network.  This caused permissions problems during installation.  We corrected the problem as I noted in post number 8. 

In your scenario, I would see if its a permissions problem as well by changing the permissions on a plug in and seeing if that resolves the error.  If so then you can investigate why in your particular installation scenario the permissions problem is occuring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing these errors after using the CC Packaging tool and then uploading to Casper Admin.  It seem once the .pkg is uploaded to Casper Admin it will start throwing the error, not sure why yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never known desktop single-user licensing on Adobe apps to play well with tools like that. I know nothing about Casper Admin, but I'd still start with the question "are you using volume licenses?" You say "CC Packaging tool" so I suppose that you are, but are you rolling serials into your installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replys.

This is a volume licensed purchase of Adobe. 

The .pkg is created with Adobe CCP. 

Only change in the options is the updates: Use internal update server.

The .pkg is then placed in a Casper Configuration for volume imaging and deployments on a large network, as well as remote installation on existing machines.

When I create the .pkg in CCP and then install it directly (not using capser) it works fine.  As soon as it is deployed in Casper this problem occurs.

If you Cmod 777 the plugins folders the errors stop, however that is not a viable workaround in this network enviornment. 

Seems there is an issue with Casper applying permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems there is an issue with Casper applying permissions?

Never having used it, I could only guess, but it sure seems like it, no? Have you asked the vendor?

(I have a small network to handle, myself, so I just sighed "Creative Cloud... it's just like Pagemaker, damn it" and have been installing it manually while logged in with administrative rights. You probably can't do that. But that was my fix for my workgroup, to treat it as if it was Pagemaker. But the only similarity between my environment and yours, it seems, is that it's not acceptable to allow all users control of a perfectly ordinary application folder.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the following in JAMF Software White Paper and we are working on it currently with the expectation this will solve the problem.

Important: Do not use the deployment instructions in this guide if the master distribution point in your JSS is an SMB share. Instead, use the deployment instructions in the following Knowledge Base article:

http://jamfsoftware.com/kb/article.php?id=305

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to correct this issue by reapplying the Read and Write permission ("Apply to enclosed items...") to admin on the Applications directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I was able to resolve the problem.

1. In the Finder, go to HD > Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers.

2. Double-click Uninstall Adobe InDesign CC in the Adobe Installers directory.

3. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete uninstall.

4. After uninstall completes, start Adobe Creative Cloud CC.

5. Find InDesign on the list of available app and install it from the Adobe Creative CC app.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So it is a permissions thing.  The easiest way to correct it with out any security issues is to run the following commands, this assumes you are on Mac OSX.  You can roll this into your deploy with a script.

#!/bin/bash

#RUN THIS FROM TERMINAL

#

#Make sure this folder is owned by root:admin

sudo chown -R root:admin /Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC/Plug-Ins/

#Find all Directories and chmod them

sudo find /Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC/Plug-Ins/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;

#Find all files and chmod them

sudo find /Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC/Plug-Ins/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

########################

If you are still having issues

run :

sudo find /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC/Plug-Ins/ -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;

Open the App with and Admin account, should correct a few other things, then reset the perms back to

sudo find /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC/Plug-Ins/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info. I followed each command in a terminal window. Now, when I start InDesign, I only get one plug-in error instead of the 6 as shown in first post.

Adobe InDesign does not recognize InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin as a valid plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the permissions was a red herring for me - first time I run InDesign CC I get errors for all 6 plugins, then afterwards I only get one - but log out and in again, and they all come back.

I too am running a packaged installation built using the official Adobe CC packager.

My solution was that I found a load of symlinks are missing for the plugins the errors are thrown for. I manually recreated them and the errors are gone for good.

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/InCopyImport" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin/InCopyImport"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/Resources" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyImport.InDesignPlugin/Resources"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/Assignment UI" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin/Assignment UI"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/Resources" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/Assignment UI.InDesignPlugin/Resources"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/InCopy Bridge UI" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin/InCopy Bridge UI"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/Resources" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge UI.InDesignPlugin/Resources"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/InCopy Bridge" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin/InCopy Bridge"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/Resources" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopy Bridge.InDesignPlugin/Resources"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/InCopyExportUI" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin/InCopyExportUI"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/Resources" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExportUI.InDesignPlugin/Resources"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin/Versions/A" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/InCopyExport" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin/InCopyExport"

ln -s "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin/Versions/Current/Resources" "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2014/Plug-Ins/InCopyWorkflow/InCopyExport.InDesignPlugin/Resources"

Hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the full six unrecognised plug-ins the first time I tried to ope a new install of CS. The second time only the incopy workflow one.

The next time it just opened.

So maybe just keep trying???

Who knows what goes on in the depths of software’s mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did both the commands (modfied for CC2015 as shown below), and the symlinks and it now displays no plugin errors. Great!

When i did the symlink mapping, nothing changed. So i did the below commands, so not sure if the symlink commands are necessary or not. What really worked was the following 3 commands:

sudo chown -R root:admin /Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC\ 2015/Plug-Ins/

sudo find /Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC\ 2015/Plug-Ins/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;

sudo find /Applications/Adobe\ InDesign\ CC\ 2015/Plug-Ins/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines