Skip navigation
newbelina
Currently Being Moderated

using the Library and Store SDK 2.28 within a folio

Oct 11, 2013 5:15 PM

Tags: #app #dps #folio #digital_publishing_suite #web_overlays #dps_api #api_integration

my question is two-fold:

1. is it possible to check if a folio isViewable from within another folio? (and present a custom dialog message?)
  2. if so, is it possible to do it when the user has no internet connection?

context:

i have a multifolio app that includes a main folio with several video links. we have also created individual folios for each video so they can be downloaded and accessed separately.

within the main folio i have 3 scenarios i need to address:

1. user has an internet connection
  2. user has NO internet connection, but has video folio installed
  3. user has NO internet connection and video folio is NOT installed

in the first scenario, if a user clicks on a video, they will link to streaming video from our server. (easy peasy)

in the second scenario, i can link them to the video folio using my custom url scheme (i know it isn't supported, but it does work for now)

these first two i have addressed using a small bit of javascript in a web overlay. but the third scenario is the messy one:

in the third scenario, i would like to prevent the user from being kicked out to the library and receiving an "Error During Download Unable to connect to the Internet" message. instead, i would like to keep them in the main folio and present a custom error message.

it feels possible, but i'm very new to all of this.

thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points