Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Crop Tool Cursor

Oct 14, 2013 7:40 AM

Tags: #problem #adobe #adobe_photoshop_8.0

All of a sudden my crop tool cursor changed into a triplet crop, I cannot get it to function like it did before. What happened and how do I correct it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to AuroraAz

What is a Crop Tool cursor?

Have you got Crop selected in your Applied Effects panel? And, if so, what are you seeing in the Monitor?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2013 8:17 AM   in reply to AuroraAz

AuroraAz

Just saw this thread. Are you still using Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Windows? I ask since SG seems to be addressing your question relating to Premiere Elements 11 or 12 locations.

Please confirm whether you are using Photoshop Elements 8 or Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 when you have encountered this problem. I ask since Premiere Elements (any version) crop involves a Crop Panel with slider adjusts.

Please supply more details.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2013 9:01 PM   in reply to AuroraAz

AuroraAZ

In this first screenshot, the clip is selected/highlighted and we see the Edit header/Video Effects/Transform/ and Crop choice route before we click Apply to the effect.

Crop1.JPG

In this next screenshot, we see the image immediately after we click apply to the Crop Effect.

Crop2.JPG

Now to Crop to our specifications, we go to Edit Effects at the bottom of the Transform Video Effects. When

we click on that we see the Properties Palette for your video clip, including the Crop Panel expanded showing

the sliders that you adjust to make the crop (top, bottom, left, and right).

Crop3.JPG

So, you can see why I am puzzled when you write about Cropping in Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and a "triple crop".

After you review the above, could you supply more details?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points