Skip navigation
JohnAppleseed1
Currently Being Moderated

Colours come out as white when rendering?

Oct 14, 2013 3:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to AR and was wondering if someone could help me out with this problem? I've made a composition that uses the "shift channels" effect to get colour aberration for my text. The three colours are of course red, green, and blue. Everything looks fine when I'm editing, but as soon as I render the video (I've tried H.264, Custom RGB, Alpha only etc.), the three colours for my text come out white. This is only a problem for the "colour aberration" portion of the video. It would be great if someone could help me out.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to JohnAppleseed1

We could help you out if we knew something about your project. Please reveal layer properties by selecting all layers in you comp that you're having problems with, pressing UU to reveal the properties, selecting the layer with shift chanels applied, pressing f3 to reveal the effects controls and then sending us a screenshot.

Also include your AE version, OS and System info.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2013 1:27 PM   in reply to JohnAppleseed1

Not without a screenshot of the setup that didn't work. Cmnd + Shift + 3 will take a screenshot.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2013 2:35 PM   in reply to JohnAppleseed1

This is what I mean... Still can't tell a single thing about your project. Dont' worry about the size of the screenshot, just give us some info.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5755690?tstart=0#5755690

Notice how I'm showing all the pertinent information. You can completely duplicate my comp by just looking at the screen shot.

Seeing that you have blend modes set to ADD it's possible that you have the composition set to Ray-traced rendering.

Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 2.32.51 PM.png

If so, that would cause the problem because you didn't read the warning that pops up when you enable Ray-traced rendering about blend modes and effects.

Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 2.32.13 PM.png

I've re-created a comp that works in 3D. It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 2.31.58 PM.png

By simply pressing the u key twice I've revealed everything that anyone would need to know about the composition. It makes it very easy to find the problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points