Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to uninstall a trial version of Adobe Pre Elements 11 if I already bought one at the App Store?

Oct 14, 2013 2:03 PM

I installed a trial version of Adb Pre Elements 11, then bought the same app at the AppStore. I want to uninstall the trial version without affecting the one purchased. Please, what's the procedure?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2013 2:27 PM   in reply to Sapriil

It's completely unnecessary. You can just use your new serial number on the trial and it will turn into the full version.

But, otherwise, you're welcome to just uninstall the old and reinstall the app.

You don't say what operating system you're on, but if you're on a Mac, you should uninstall using the uninstall program in the Premiere Elements application folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to Sapriil

Are you talking about the Adobe Photoshop Express app? That is a different product to Premiere Elements.

Can you post a link to the page from which you purchased this 'App'.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2013 3:25 PM   in reply to Sapriil

Sapriil

From what I have read the Mac Store is selling at least two variations of Premiere Elements 11 for Mac

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor (Mac Only)

and

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Quick Editor (Mac Only)

Did you buy either of those which are described in the following Mac Store product comparison

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/buying-guide.displayTa b4.html

Depending on your reply, you should check with the Mac Store to make sure that you do not have a serial number

there waiting for you to use.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2013 4:51 PM   in reply to Sapriil

Sapriil

Here is my take on your situation.

If you have the Premiere Elements 11 Mac tryout on your computer and it was downloaded from Adobe, you do not have the same program from the Mac Store under the name Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor (Mac Only). This Mac Store version of the program comes without the Elements Organizer 11.

So, I would review the wisdom of plugging a Mac Store purchased serial number into your Adobe tryout under the circumstances. I am not on firm ground here. But, if it is I suspect and you want what you purchased, then consider uninstalling the Adobe tryout and installing what you purchased from the Mac Store with the serial number that the Mac Store gives you.

I would ask Steve Grisetti to double check on this point before you proceed with the computer setup.

Did you realize that the Elements Organizer was not a part of the Mac Store version?

More later.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2013 8:46 PM   in reply to Sapriil

Sapriil

Please update us on your progress.

Even though the purchase has been made, check out the possibility of a return if what you purchased is not what you want.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2013 5:13 AM   in reply to Sapriil

I think ATR has hit on an important point. The App Store version of Premiere Elements appears to be different than the full version.

So it may be wise to uninstall the free trial before loadig the App Store version.

As I said in my first post, you can uninstall the program by selecting the Uninstall program from the Premiere Elements folder in your Applications.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points