Skip navigation
AlohaOahuClyde101413
Currently Being Moderated

Transfer of file from Premier Elements 9 to 4?

Oct 14, 2013 10:01 PM

Tags: #premiere_elements_9

Is there a way to move a file from Premier Elements 9 to Premier Elements 4 since it seems that 9 is slower and stalls much more often than Premier Elements 4?

Thanks,

AlohaClyde101413

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 15, 2013 5:29 AM   in reply to AlohaOahuClyde101413

Premiere Elements often has a problem opening older version projects with newer versions of the program.

There's definitely no way to open a newer version project with an OLDER version of the program.

Although I'm surprised to hear that version 9 runs slower than version 4. Adobe has made a real effort to tune up the performance of the program in recent versions (especially since version 10). But I guess how version 9 performans compared to version 4 depends a lot of what your hardware specs are and, even more so, they type of video you're editing.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 15, 2013 6:44 AM   in reply to AlohaOahuClyde101413

AlohaOahuClyde101413

With regard to your Premiere Elements 9 performance and related matters

1. Are you working from the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update? If not, see Help Menu/Update within the opened project or use the download from Adobe

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

2. Do you have the latest version of your video card driver according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card? If so, then try deleting the BadDrivers.txt file in the following path (if you have Windows 7 or 8 64 bit)

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 9.0 Folder, you will find the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Remember to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

3. With regard to this file that you would like to use in Premiere Elements 4...can we assume that you are talking about a Premiere Elements 9 project file (project.prel) and not a file that you have imported into that project? There is a ClipMate Copy/Paste between projects that can be used for versions 8, 9, 10, and (except for transitions) 11. It does not work in 7, but I do not know that I have ever tried to use it in version 4.

Just some thoughts for now.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points