Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Please help, problem with building PDF

Oct 15, 2013 3:03 AM

Tags: #pdf #building

Please help me, this message keeps showing up on the 3rd page of a PDF I have to build:

Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download. For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

Adobe reader is already up to date

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 16, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to IrenaI

Same problem here.   Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to IrenaI

How are you trying to build a PDF? Reader can not create a PDF. Are you building in Acrobat (whatever you mean by build) and testing in Reader?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to Bill@VT

It looks like this may be related to forms create in LiveCycle. Here is another discussion on the issue from the LiveCycle forum Error: "  If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents..."

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2014 12:49 PM   in reply to IrenaI

I am creating a PDF in Live Cycle with XML.  Sometimes I get the error and sometimes I do not.  I have found that I need to save the document as a Dynamic XML form. then make sure Enable Acrobat JavaScript is checked.  And then save the document with extended rights.

If I get this error, my users also have problems with the document.

Any Suggestions???

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points