Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ColdFusion stops rendering pages - need help troubleshooting

Oct 15, 2013 12:30 PM

We have a ColdFusion 10 Standard server out in production on an IIS 7.5 Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter virtualized environment.  Randomly throughout the week, requesting our page will result in a blank white page (viewing source shows absolutely nothing).

I remoted into our server and noted that coldfusion.exe was taking up 730MB.  I don't track these things so I don't know if that's a lot or not.  And usually restarting the service takes 15-20 seconds.  This time it took 20 seconds to stop the service and about 30 to start it.

I am not familiar with which logs to check in order to provide some useful information, but if anyone has an idea of where to send me looking, it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 15, 2013 6:37 PM   in reply to Aegis Kleais

Hi Aegis,

What is CF10 update level? Has isapi_redirect.dll been updated either manually or with WSCONFIG tool?

Does CF10\cfusion\logs\coldfusion-out.log or CF10\config\wsconfig\N\isapi_redirect.log report any errors or warnings?

That should get you started, Carl.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 17, 2013 4:31 PM   in reply to Aegis Kleais

Not used Groupwise WebAccess myself so do not know. 3PM CF terminated, well that does not look good.  Think "misfired" task and license warning are nothing to worry.

Could Groupwise WebAccess stopping bring CF down?  Where I have CF configured to email through MSExchange stopping MSExchange/SMTP does not overly effect CF except for CF failing to spool email not halt CF entirely. If you schedule Groupwise WebAccess shutdown does CF stop?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points