Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

When will CC October updates be available?

Oct 16, 2013 7:58 AM

I've seen all the new features and talk about this October release, does anyone know when it will available for download?

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 16, 2013 8:16 AM   in reply to AzzieScott

Hi AzzieScott,

We are busy at work on the video tools we discussed with over 150 new features expected to ship shortly.  We will update you on availability. 

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2013 9:20 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

I thought it was supposed to be released yesterday.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jon-M-Spear
    969 posts
    Jan 27, 2006
    Oct 17, 2013 2:54 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Hmmmm, me too!

It's all gone very quiet at Adobe Heights.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 4:29 AM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

They'll be released when they're ready - which is far more sensible than pushing half-tested code to meet an artificial deadline.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jon-M-Spear
    969 posts
    Jan 27, 2006
    Oct 17, 2013 6:45 AM   in reply to Dave Merchant

...but it was Adobe who said they'd be ready by 16 October, not me. 

All I'm doing is querying their progress!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to Dave Merchant

Granted, but if you don't have a very high confidence in making that artificial deadline, you probably shouldn't disseminating it.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to Dave Merchant

Advertising something to be released in October 2013 and then not releasing it until the end of October is a dumb thing to do.  Next time Adobe should have something ready and THEN announce its release.  That way you wouldn't have these posts. Seems pretty simple to me.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to Dave Merchant

Dave Merchant wrote:

They'll be released when they're ready - which is far more sensible than pushing half-tested code to meet an artificial deadline.

Which it seems Microsoft did not do, since Win8.1 RT "killed" some tablets

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2056295/microsoft-releases-fix-for-surf ace-rt-slates-borked-by-windows-rt-8-1-update.html

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 2:43 PM   in reply to 50 Hungry Lions

Yeah, like Obamacare.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 6:27 PM   in reply to MarkU

Except that not coming is actually a very, very good thing.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 12:22 AM   in reply to 50 Hungry Lions

Next time Adobe should have something ready and THEN announce its release.  That way you wouldn't have these posts. Seems pretty simple to me.

Not so simple actually...

These dumb post just get replaced by other dumb posts that speculate when and what ... and those that ask when will this or that thing being getting fixed.

These advance notices show what Adobe has been working on ...which is exciting.

Problem is..some people get a little over excited by the anticipation and wet their pants.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jon-M-Spear
    969 posts
    Jan 27, 2006
    Oct 25, 2013 2:14 AM   in reply to shooternz

I've had to change mine on several occasions :-(

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 3:23 AM   in reply to shooternz

Dear shooternz, some people is paying the subscription without using AE CC for its terrible bug...delay with every command such as shortcuts or menu. So, some people is waiting from June for a fix to this terrible bug and when Adobe claims an October update that will fix this problem, they are exited because finally they can USE a software that are PAYING for too long.If they have tested AE CC on different machines,this bug will never be released. So the broken code is right on my face everyday at work. I have rebuilt my own system to work with AE CC and meets clients deadlines, because in the office where i work AE is not usable. The only man on Earth that have been so kind to reply to our disappointment is Todd Kopriva...

For ex., i don't care about the new 150 features, i care on bug fixies. For me, the bug fix for AE have to been released before this October update...

This is not a controversy, but we have to look at things with different point of view. Hope that this make sense. Sorry for my bad english.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to shooternz

shooternz wrote:

Next time Adobe should have something ready and THEN announce its release.  That way you wouldn't have these posts. Seems pretty simple to me.

Not so simple actually...

These dumb post just get replaced by other dumb posts that speculate when and what ... and those that ask when will this or that thing being getting fixed.

These advance notices show what Adobe has been working on ...which is exciting.

Problem is..some people get a little over excited by the anticipation and wet their pants.

So you're saying that having something ready before announcing its release isn't simple?  These dumb posts? 

Look, Adobe announced that there would be an update in October 2013.  It is now Oct 25th, 6 days from November.  Its pretty obvious people are going to be asking where the update is.  If you can't see how announcing an update after they have done all the testing needed to release it would be simple, then what is simple?  Don't tell me its a complex thing, because its not. You finish the update testing, then announce it, then release it. 

Any time you announce something is going to be released in the Month of October 2013 people expect it to be released in the first week or at least the middle of the month, not the very end.  Its simple.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 11:31 AM   in reply to 50 Hungry Lions

50 Hungry Lions wrote:

Any time you announce something is going to be released in the Month of October 2013 people expect it to be released in the first week or at least the middle of the month, not the very end.  Its simple.

Hi 50 Hungry Lions,

Sorry for the delay. Doing additional testing took priority. It's coming soon, for sure.

Thanks for your patience,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 1:51 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

It would make everyone a lot happier, IMO, if you adobe was more honest about the specifics of the problems. It would make customers more happy and feel included in the adobe 'family' if they just got some information about what exactly is the problem.  For example, if more testing is needed that is not bad at all. What customers would like to know is what exactly isn't working correctly yet.. that needs more testing....

This forum is not a part of the adobe team that is working on the programming and testing and I feel sorry for those who work for adobe ( who come here ) and simply say " we need to do more testing ".. because those who say that obviously are NOT informed of the reasons why more testing is needed.  The company is dysfunctional in that way... where those who communicate with the customers are not in touch with the programmers and tech teams doing the testing.

This is a problem that goes to the very top of adobe, to the CEO.  [Insult removed.]

yuck.. it is disgusting to me....

Message edited by Jim Simon

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 1:34 PM   in reply to able123

oh jimmy , could you move this to the lounge now ???

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 3:25 PM   in reply to able123

Jim Simon, if you are the moderator of these forums now make that statement clear and state what it is you personally consider the new forum rules as you see it in an objective way. I've seen you bash mac, FCP, people who dont have film degrees trying to use adobe editing progams.. and a long list of things that have alienated many young people trying to get into this medium or changing from mac to pc etc..

Your latest rant is about editing " native "...

Please take stock of your own perspective and potential... and get off my back...I really dont like you anymore.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 3:59 PM   in reply to able123

able123,

Please do not make personal attacks on any community member. I will delete any more posts on this matter. You may want to refamiliarize yourself with our community guidelines.

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2326

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 6:54 AM   in reply to AzzieScott

Well...i think that this will be no more "The October Update"..

Or maybe it will come out tomorrow...

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

Well, I figure it this way: If it ain't ready, I don't want it. If they feel the need to test it, I would rather they do that.

They have told us they are having problems. In my experience, when I have had to tell people that same thing, I have never known how long it was going to take until I actually finished.

So, as we wait impatiently, we should be at least a little happy that they are doing what they can to get the bugs out.

I, for one, am really hoping that the problem is not in the Speedgrade stuff and that the interaction between Speedgrade and Premiere Pro makes it into the release.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 7:55 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

One of the selling points for CC was that you did not have to wait for a major release of software, features could be released when ready. Does this delay mean every feature is faulty!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 8:17 AM   in reply to Richard M Knight

I think Adobe would rather put up with some whinning from a few about release date than the wrath of MANY if they release faulty software.  It's similar to folks that load Mavericks the first day it's out and then complain about combatibility issues and 'clients waiting on work'.  If you're so careless about the tools you use (untested and newly released software) perhaps you shouldn't jump at the latest and greatest.  Of course, if you only follow something shiney, there's always Final Cut X.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to MarkU

Possibly a good sign was the CC update out yesterday?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

> ..i think that this will be no more "The October Update"..

Yes, the updates are coming out in October, as promised:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

updates for all Adobe video applications:

http://adobe.ly/DVA_updates

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 1:40 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Ah,as always thank you Todd!

So tomorrow the update will be released!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 1:41 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Yes, the updates are coming out in October, as promised:

Really?

Hmmm. I guess that it is a good thing that October has 31 days then.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 1:53 PM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

October has 12 hours and 7 minutes left in it where I am sitting.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 1:56 PM   in reply to shooternz

Here in Italy we have about 26 hours left!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

I've read on Facebook in a message from Madison that the update is available. I've disconnectd my account, restart the system but no updates are show in CC desktop app. If i open a sw the update tells me that the sw is up to date.

The update is online or needs some more tweaks?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:51 PM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

> I've read on Facebook in a message from Madison that the update is available

That is false.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:59 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Thank you Todd! Here is the link to the discussion.The second post. Is a reply to mr. Ole Bernstorff Delfs from Madison of Creative Cloud.

https://www.facebook.com/adobecreativecloud

That reply may get confused someone!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:58 PM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

ActionCamStudio wrote:

I've read on Facebook in a message from Madison that the update is available. I've disconnectd my account, restart the system but no updates are show in CC desktop app. If i open a sw the update tells me that the sw is up to date.

The update is online or needs some more tweaks?

Thanks!

Hi ActionCamStudio,

Madison is referring to the CC Desktop App, not the October release of the other apps. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 4:00 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Ah ok!

Thank you Kevin,

Roberto

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 4:16 PM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

No problem, Roberto! Madison has updated that post to prevent others being confused. Thanks for the feedback.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 9:51 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Pay especially close attention in the late morning tomorrow, Pacific Time.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 11:56 PM   in reply to shooternz

Those of you who live in the future need to wait around for those of us living in the present. I would think you would be used to that by now. It isn't like Adobe is in Hawaii and we have to wait for people in the past!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 12:57 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Steven L. Gotz wrote:

Those of you who live in the future need to wait around for those of us living in the present. I would think you would be used to that by now. It isn't like Adobe is in Hawaii and we have to wait for people in the past!

I'm in Hawaii right now. So technically I will be excited to get this update earlier in my day than you.

Excited to see what else is coming and what all is fixed. I know we usually get a list of features added on the blog but will we also see a bug fix list too. Can't wait!

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points