Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this?

Oct 16, 2013 11:23 AM

Hi Guys

I'm working on another Lucy video, and in the titles where the Lucy script turns blue the color is very uneven.

I've tried changing the color to see if it is somehow caused by the fact that the color is blue, but it doesn't make any difference.

I also had this problem on another video that I just finished redoing "Lucy Looks at Sailing", but since the Lucy script was displayed against a water background I could live with it as part of the technique.

I was not getting this last week when I was doing the Looks at the West and Mortality videos.

Here are screen shots then and now.

Lucy Blue Even.JPG

And this is what I'm getting now...

Lucy Blue Uneven.JPG

I'm using the same file for the Lucy in blue, it is a still image that is faded in at the end of the Lucy script animation to change the color of the type from white to blue.

It is a Photoshop file with no background.

I'm just about to give up and leave the type white, but I thought I's see if you guys have any ideas.

I can see in the preview windows in PE that the color is uneven, it's not just after I output the file.

This is also happening in the blue "MK" frames that appear above the "a michael kingsbury film" type.

As far as I know I'm not doing anything different then I did when I made the earlier videos.

The difference in color that you see, is because I've been messing around with the color, trying to fix this, and haven't gotten it correct in this iteration.

If I can get it to work, I'll correct that.

Mike

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 16, 2013 12:00 PM   in reply to Nohjekim

Mike,

I do not have an explanation for what we are seeing, but it looks almost like there is a Sheen Style applied to that blue Fill.

If you like, you can e-mail me, and attach your .PSD. I can handle large attachments. If you do this, please leave all Layers intact, and in the Subject Line Header of the e-mail, include "Premiere Elements Title," so that MailWasher does not trash it. My e-mail is info AT huntphoto DOT com - obviously, AT = @ and DOT = . and all spaces would be removed.

I will look at the PSD, to see if I can see anything in it, that might cause the issue.

Also, can you list the exact steps that you are using, to go from white to the blue in the "Lucy" Text?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2013 4:44 PM   in reply to Nohjekim

Mike

Just a guess, but have you looked in detail at the keyframes at the point of the fade. Could you have missed adding a manual keyframe of the Opacity in order to make the fade sharper rather than giving a trail?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 8:47 AM   in reply to Nohjekim

Mike,

Thank you for that PSD. I just Imported that directly into a test Project, then Keyframed Opacity, to provide a manually-controlled Fade-In/Fade-Out, and saw none of what you are seeing. In the case of my test, I just went from 0% Opacity to 100% Opacity, and then down to 0%. Nothing wrong.

In the PSD, I did see three pixels, in a horizontal line at about the bottom of the descender on the Y, in "Lucy," that you might want to clean up, but they would, in no way, contribute to what you are seeing. For the Image below, I added a Solid Color Layer (black), to see those three pixels:

Lucy_Pixels.png

I am leaning toward ATR's comment, on the Opacity of your PSD, in the Video.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 3:54 PM   in reply to Nohjekim

Mike,

Glad that things are looking good with that Title.

I do not envy you the work with the game backgrounds and FRAPS, but then I envy you your knowledge of making that work too!

We look forward to seeing the latest exploits of our favorite philosopher, Lucy.

Good luck and happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to Nohjekim

Mike,

Thanks for the Lucy episode.

I missed the credit - "Lucy's jewelry by... "

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 1:19 PM   in reply to Nohjekim

Good luck on the upgrade.

So far, I have only read good things about Win8.1, but then, it is new. Time will tell.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points