When I drag the tool on the photo ,in this case to write a name on bottom right corner, the box thing follows and I try typing in letters, nothing happens.I have struggled wth this for weeks reading instructions from 'help' but no letters appear.thanks.
Try below two things
- Make sure that the first layer in the layers panel is selected . Then try typing.
- If the first solution doesn't work then don't drag , instead just click on the image and start typing. When you drag and type , then probably the text is not fitting in the bounding box and therefore not visible.
Let me know.
well thanks for trying to help., but this is so complicated now as i said earlier versions ...no problem with anything.
So if you can you have to guide me me from the begining ..I put a photo in edit .clicked on that T on left side and a whole host of other stuff comes up ..you just dont know what to do with it. ....On the right side at bottom there is an eye with the foto. but there is notheing to click on there all icons are grey and dead. There is nothing i can do with it.... I assume that is the first layer ... When I click on the T on left say...i.e my name the name comes up on the right side ....after I typed my name....... but it is stuck there you cant drag anything.... Also somestimes a box comes up and sometimes a pen nib but cant do anything with them. If you can or anyone can..please start from he begining. thanks
You don't need to drag . Just click on the image with the type tool and once the cursor appears start typing. Can you post a screenshot of your application . It will be easier to tell then.
Also Follow the below steps below to check if everything is fine-
- Go to "File Menu>New>Blank File". A new file dialog will come up. Choose 'OK'. A new blank file wil be created.
- Select type tool (Press Shortcut 'T'. Type Tool will be selected.
- Just click on the blank file(do not drag) and once the cursor appears start typing. The character you type will appear.
Do let me know the result of this.