Skip navigation
PyNapo
Currently Being Moderated

Opposite mode images overflow, export pdf

Oct 17, 2013 2:47 AM

Tags: #pdf #overflow

In my book project I've images on left pages with right coordinates x:210mm.(limit of the page)

When I export in pdf a small part of the image is visible (overflow) on the right page.

Why?

How can I solve?

It's URGENT!

Thanks.

Bug idem in CS4 and CS6...

Sans-titre-1.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 17, 2013 3:45 AM   in reply to PyNapo

We need to see a screen shot of the InDesign file with frame edges showing, the image selected, and the control panel with the coordinates for one of the proxy points on the right edge.

Also, are you including a bleed in the export? Is ID fully patched?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 4:41 AM   in reply to PyNapo

Is that the same spread? What's showing in the first shot looks like it might be a stray frame behind the image. Youu certainly ar not seeing the entire edge of the bat photo.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 5:33 AM   in reply to PyNapo

OK

I think I remember a bug like this from two or three years ago. Waht verion of ID are you using? Is the latest patch installed?

Try selecting the image, not the frame, and increase the size by 1% so there is a little more cropping.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 5:37 AM   in reply to PyNapo

just suggestion: select the frame then, Convert Shape>Rectangle.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 5:38 AM   in reply to PyNapo

I don't know the French term, but a spread is a goup of pages that are viewed together. In a typical book that would be one left and one right, which is how you design.

I decided that it was the same, based on the text I could see, but a different section of the pages.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 5:42 AM   in reply to PyNapo

Are you willing to share the file with me? I may be able to find time to look at it and see if I can find a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 5:50 AM   in reply to PyNapo

I'll send you an upload link you can use if you wish.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 7:19 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

OK, I've looked at the file and exported another PDF. It looks to me like this is a dispaly artifact in Acrobat, possibly related to enhancing thin lines. It disappears when you zoom in, so it isn't really the image bleeding over.

I was able to remove the effect by moving the edge of the image frame away from the spine .01mm. This gap is too small to detect on the page, but is enough to make a clean break. I did it by selecting the image frame and typing -.01 after the x-coordinate, then pressing enter, but you could do somethingsimilar in the width field, too.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to PyNapo

Given a choice between the ghost and moving the frames, I'd move the frames. It will take a lot less time than you think if you do one "by the numbers" and then just use the Object > Transform Again > Transform Again command on the rest of the frames as you select them. You can even add a keyboard shortcut to the command to make it faster.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to PyNapo

OK, I found another way to stop it (though it is definitely affected by enhancing thin lines and zoom level, so I don't think it's really anything to do with waht you are doing in ID).

If you break apart the spreads before exporting it doesn't appear here in my test. See InDesignSecrets » Blog Archive » Breaking Pages Apart to Bleed Off a Spine. Harb's posted a script down in the comments to automate doing it for an entire file, and you can also download the script from http://www.printisrael.com/indesign/scripts/freeware/SeparatePages.jsx

Be careful, though, about using the script. It will move crossover objects to one page or the other, so you need to then copy those and paste in place on the other page.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 8:13 AM   in reply to PyNapo

Cross posting here..

Changing to non-facing pages is doing the same thing as breaking the spreads, but is not a good thing to do because you lose any facing pages attributes like mirrored page numbering or opposing headers becasue the pages only use the right hlaf of the master spread. This also can cause new objects to appear on what were the left pages.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points