Skip navigation
TouchdownDK
Currently Being Moderated

Motion tracking in PE12

Oct 17, 2013 3:38 AM

Tags: #help #premiere_elements

How can I only get text to show during motion tracking? - I don't want the animation which is included!

Best regards...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 17, 2013 5:08 AM   in reply to TouchdownDK

It's not clear waht you're asking. Motion Tracking attaches a clip, clip art or text to an object and follows it around your video frame.

What animation are you seeing?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 5:12 AM   in reply to TouchdownDK

I'm still not clear what you're asking.

If you're attaching clip art that includes text to your Motion Track, the clip art will appear on an upper video track, above your main video, in Expert view.

Double-click on it and it will open in the Title Adjustments workspace so that you can edit it.

I do cover this and many similar tools, step by step, in my books, if you're interested.

http://muvipix.com/pe12.php

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to TouchdownDK

There are a couple of workarounds for doing this. The easiest is to use one of the thought or speech bubbles from the Graphics and then, when you open it in the Title Adjustments, delete the background graphics and customize the text.

The other option is to create the title BEFORE you do your set up your Motion Tracking, and then just drag it from the Project Assets panel onto your Track Object.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

SG

Could you verify

The other option is to create the title BEFORE you do your set up your Motion Tracking, and then just drag it from the Project Assets panel onto your Track Object.

I do not see that as viable in Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 9:05 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Yep. Works fine for me. What about it is not working for you, ATR?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 9:55 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

SG

On what Premiere Elements version?

I am talking specifically about your second option for this Premiere Elements 12 Motion Tracking question....

I see no opportunity to get to Project Assets to get at the title/text without shutting down the Motion Tracking workspace. But, if you insist it can be done, we will give it another look with Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit.

One alternative that does work (that you did not mention) was

a. create a text title

b. save the text as a .prtl file

c. place the saved .prtl file in the path

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

Clip Arts

Common

and in the Common Folder place a folder named something like My Text, with My Text Folder containing the .prtl file.

That My Text category and the text file in it will show up in Graphics from which you can drag the text to the screen at the appropriate prompt in Motion Tracking scheme. In this approach, the text becomes a permanent and reusable resource under the Graphics Tab.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 10:10 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Version 12, of course.

As I show you in my book in the tutorial on http://muvipix.com/pe12.php , when you are in Motion Tracking mode, the Project Assets panel is on the upper RIGHT of the Monitor.

Trust me. It works.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 7:48 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

SG

Thanks. The answers are in the details. Without your hint in your last post, I was not seeing the unopened Project Assets tucked away in the top right corner of the screen. The screenshot shows the location for the opened Project Assets when the Motion Tracking workspace was opened.

MotionTracking.JPG

Thanks for the nudge with the detail

Project Assets panel is on the upper RIGHT of the Monitor.

This approach is more easily seen in Premiere Elements 10 where the Motion Tracking feature was last seen, and it existed in a different workspace arrangement.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 7:45 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

SG

You really started something with your

And, your

Project Assets panel is on the upper RIGHT of the Monitor.

helped us to see the details behind your suggestion for tracking an object with text.

But, then I got to wondering...your scheme was apparently done in Expert workspace which has Project Assets. But, what about Quick workspace which does not have Project Assets but does have Motion Tracking feature as does Expert workspace. All that got me to look deeper for other possible sources for items to track the object other than those found under the Graphics Tab. Made some interesting finds in both Quick and Expert workspaces.

Details tomorrow when I have this all written up.

Thanks again.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 5:13 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

In QuickView mode, you can select an asset from Explorer/Finder and drag and drop it onto your tracked object.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 7:08 AM   in reply to raj2ashok

raj2ashok

Thanks for that additional information apparently from the Premiere Elements 12 Mac perspective. Good to know.

Recently I did a free blog post (non monetized) devoted to Premiere Elements 12 Motion Tracking and "What to use to Track Object" (but from the Windows perspective).

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/10/pe12-motion-trackingwhat-to-use -to.html

I am strictly an Elements Windows user who likes to read and learn about the Premiere Elements Mac side of things. But, I do not have a Mac computer to do first hand work on Premiere Elements Mac. Although this particular blog post was targeted at "What to use to Track Object", I did enjoy taking off on how to use 3 objects to track the same one moving object in a video in order to create a mini Halloween effect.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points