Skip navigation
B0008
Currently Being Moderated

Change title to different language

Oct 17, 2013 5:18 AM

Hi guys,

I just finished editing 23 food commercials for a client. Each video has some steps writting out what you have to do in a language. Each video needs to be translated in 2 other languages. Now I'm just copying the titles and translating them in the project window. Almost done with that. But is there a way that I don't have to replace each title on each timeline? The titles all have the same name. For example: Dutch title is named '0 title'. French is also named '0 title' etc..

I already tried selecting all the titles from the French language and just dropping them into the timeline. It works but I manually have to adjust the lenght of each title. So basically I'm looking for a proces to automate this. Is this possible or do you have any suggestions or shortcuts tot do this?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 17, 2013 8:35 AM   in reply to B0008

Not possible.

The problem is that translations can be much shorter or longer, depending on the language.

Example:

German: In eimen untererdischen Kasten verdeckt aufgestelter Schauspielaushilfer.

French: Souffleur.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 8:51 AM   in reply to B0008

Try the Replace With Clip option.  It's still one at a time, but the duration of the titles won't need changing.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to B0008

There's not.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers