Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Using CS6 for web mockup creation? Tips on how-to's

Oct 17, 2013 8:28 AM

Hi

Pretty new to Photoshop and running CS6.

I'm looking for a workflow to create web mock-ups in the most efficient and easy way.

What Im looking for is to take an existing web frontend page and tweek it with new sections and components like buttons/menus/new text areas,images etc etc....

are there any specific tools or "web galleries" to use for this purpose that I can incorporate into CS6....not really sure how to form this question in the right way but I hope this sort of exaplined my purpose....creation of good-looking web page design (even if it will jsut be in .psd format)

Any help, tips & tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks!

//Helmut

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,971 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Oct 17, 2013 10:03 AM   in reply to Mr Nielsen

Adobe removed Web Photo galleries from Photoshop.  Adobe added a poorer web gallery feature to the bridge output module.  The are also scripts you can download from the web to create Web Photo galleries in Photoshop.  More and more web photo galleries are being made using html 5.  I have not look at what is available for I'm happy with the flash galleries created with Photoshop's scripting.   Search the web for Web gallery creation tools.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,971 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Oct 19, 2013 6:00 AM   in reply to Mr Nielsen

A web gallery is many web pages you need more then a layered template psd. Templates are more suited for Collages rather then web Galleries.  In the bridge output module there are some caned web galleries provided by Adobe there just not very good or a not easy to customize.

There are many web gallery creation tools available on the web some free other cost. If you do a search you will find many. Some use Photoshop in the process they are Photoshop Scripts. Most have some options to customize some features. None that I know of give you complete freedom to create whatever you want. They support their web gallery designs where you can customize features within the designs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points