Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lost workspaces.

Oct 17, 2013 8:39 AM

Hello

I am using CS6 Bridge. I had to force quit the app (Mac OS 6.8) and upon restart I see I have lost all my custom worksapces. I see their names still present in a workspace folder, but they all have a '.workspace' file extension. Wondering how to restore the worksapces without re-building them from scratch. Pref re-set no help.

Thanks, Don

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oct 17, 2013 1:25 PM   in reply to DonJohnston

I see their names still present in a workspace folder, but they all have a '.workspace' file extension.

That is expected behavior. When having a Bridge window open top right next to Search field there should be a list of the workspaces, 2 vertical dotted lines on the left and a triangle on the right.

You can extend the list by dragging the 2 lines to the left. You can rearrange the order by dragging the names and under the triangle is the option to choose the workspace you want and to reset the workspace which should do the trick for you.

Also right click on the workspace name gives the reset option in a small drop down menu.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oct 17, 2013 2:45 PM   in reply to DonJohnston

Strange

First run a disk check and check and repair permissions with Apple Disk Utility or third party like Cocktail.

Then with Bridge quitted make sure you have the correct CS6 Bridge folder from user library app support showing the workspaces (for security make a back up of the App support Bridge folder0

Then go to user library/ preferences and find and delete the Com.Adobe.Bridge5.plist file and delete this to the trash.

Restart again holding down option key and choose again reset prefs and try again.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to DonJohnston

DonJohnston wrote:

I find Bridge to be rather 'flaky'- i.e. unstable, especially when I have multiple windows open on two monitors.

This would more likely be the computer resources causing problems.  You probably need more ram as each program open takes resources.  Once exceeded the computer will crash.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oct 18, 2013 7:07 AM   in reply to DonJohnston

I find Bridge to be rather 'flaky'- i.e. unstable, especially when I have multiple windows open on two monitors.

Nice to hear you got some custom settings back, and yes, Back up is vital (don't you have Time machine activated??)

Personal I don't make a big deal of recreating custom workspaces, it often gives you new insight and even better result then before, but it needs a bit time

And working on a two monitor setup with Bridge often is tricky. Don't have it myself (currently a 30" but next will be 27 ", large enough for my needs and set up), never could get used to switching focus for different monitors (and I tried it a few times…)

Synchronized windows seems to do a lot of good for dual monitor set up but be aware this feature has gone in Bridge CC !!

But with my single monitor set up I have almost no problems or instability and often have 4 or 5 open Bridge windows active.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points