Skip navigation
stribor-stribor
Currently Being Moderated

main timeline/separate movie clip timeline

Oct 17, 2013 9:04 AM

I am trying to understand this by using example:

I have rectangle that i want to move from one corner of the stage to another. I will create tween for it. This will  last 48 sec(stage is set as 24fps)

Now when this animation is done (main time line) I would want this rectangle to stay at that corner and I would want separate animation (inside my movie clip for this object) to start changing colors but not moving at all.

What is the frame that i should start this separate animation that should be independant of main timeline?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 17, 2013 9:40 AM   in reply to stribor-stribor

Put the animation of a rectangle into a Graphic Symbol instead of a MovieClip (it's one of the three options you see when you convert an object to a symbol). After you have converted it to a symbol, select that symbol on the stage and look in the Properties panel. In the "Looping" section, select "Play once." Put enough frames in the layer that contains the symbol that it exists for the whole time you want to see the rectangle in whatever position. Now the animation will stop at the end of the symbol's internal timeline and just stay there for the rest of the MovieClip.

If you want, you can simplify the animation for the object that you want to change color by also putting its animation in a graphics symbol. Don't bother adding frames for the part where your rectangle is moving, just concentrate on the color changes you want. On the main timeline, put a keyframe in frame 1 and select "Single Frame" with "1" as the first frame in the looping options. If your rectangle animation is 20 frames long, for example, you'll then want to add a keyframe in your color-changing object's layer at frame 20. Change the looping option to either "Play once" or "loop," depending on what you need.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to stribor-stribor

No, you have it backward. The main timeline should be as long as your rectangle graphic symbol's timeline + your color changing graphic symbol's timeline.

So if the rectangle animation is 40 frames long and your color changing animation takes 40 frames, then the main timeline would be 80 frames long.

Rect1.PNG

CC1.PNG

cc40.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to stribor-stribor

Why don't you upload a file that shows what you've tried so far, and I'd be more than happy to help you get the rest of the way.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points