Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Side Head / Work Flow / Master Page confusion

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

I think I am not understanding a basic concept here with regards to work flows.

I have set-up a new Master Page in Document A that contains a Side Head and imported it into Document B.

When working with the new Master Page Document B I decided that the Side Head needed to be larger.

I go to a Master Page view and then choose Format > Page Layout > Column Layout... I get the following warning:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1945/smni.png

I click OK and get the following warning:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8884/hngx.png

The Column Layout box appears and I can change the Side Head width but, as warned, only the Right Master Page is changed.

How do I change the imported Master Page and what concept am I not understanding?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Once Doc A's formats are imported to Doc B, there's no further connection 'tween the two, so really, this is just about Doc B.

On the master pages, change each of the masters using the object properties panel, and you should be fine.

IIRC, the Format > Page Layout > Column Layout works most consistently when your cursor is in the main flow on the body pages.

Now that you've noodled with both the masters and the Column Layout command, you may need to adjust the steps slightly, but it shouldn't take

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once Doc A's formats are imported to Doc B, there's no further connection 'tween the two, so really, this is just about Doc B.

On the master pages, change each of the masters using the object properties panel, and you should be fine.

IIRC, the Format > Page Layout > Column Layout works most consistently when your cursor is in the main flow on the body pages.

Now that you've noodled with both the masters and the Column Layout command, you may need to adjust the steps slightly, but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mattrsullivan wrote:

Now that you've noodled with both the masters and the Column Layout command, you may need to adjust the steps slightly, but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

-Matt

I only mentioned the two documents in case there was a link I was missing somehow.

Changing the masters using the object properties panel is of course the answer.

Love you, Matt. X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines