Skip navigation
prince john
Currently Being Moderated

CS5 Bridge and Permission Problems

Oct 18, 2013 4:07 AM

Tags: #bridge #insufficient_permissions

Hello there;

I just started experiencing a problem with Adobe Bridge.  I am (and have been) using CS5 with no problems at all until just recently.  Adobe Bridge does not seem to delete image files or rename image files for some strange reason.  I get a message that says... "The file cannot be renamed because you do not have sufficient permissions or it is in use"!!!  I have never experienced this since I installed CS5.  I know the file(s) is (are) NOT in use.  I am not able to delete or rename.  Not sure if any other Bridge functions will suffer through the same problem as well. 

Anyone experienced this issue before?  Any suggestions to resolve it?  Many thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 7:13 AM   in reply to prince john

When you view the image do you see a padlock symbol in upper corner?  If so right click and select unlock.

Also, view the folder in Win. Explorer.  Right click and click on Properties.  Made sure there is no check mark for read only.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 8:13 AM   in reply to prince john

The padlock will only show in the content thumbnal panel not the thumbnail in preview.

If a no on this reset the preferences.  Hold down the Ctrl key and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points