Skip navigation
Orli\'s_mum
Currently Being Moderated

How do I export an animation from Photoshop with no background, to use in after effects?

Oct 18, 2013 4:24 AM

Its been a few years since I've used photoshop and after effects together so hoping you can remind me how to do this.

I'm trying to export an animation created in photohop, its frame by frame, no background. I've been exporting it as an image sequence, now I"ve coloured it I need to solve this transparency issue.

Is there a way to export it to use in after effects on top of a background layer.

So I just want to see the character, no background, animation on top of my background layer in after effects, does that make sense??

Please don't say I need to have an alpha channel on each frame, that will take ages, there must be another way.

Please help I need to sort this ASAP

Thanks in advance!

x

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 7:18 AM   in reply to Orli\'s_mum

Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 9.14.14 AM.png

Once the file looks like you need it , save to .psd format to bring into After Effects. You can use the timeleine to for example adavance to a positon you the layers to be in.

You then have options in after effects when you bring this in as either a grouped composite or individual layers in your timeline. I forget what they are excatly called, but should still be 2 main option at top.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points