Skip navigation
Chicken-in-the-box
Currently Being Moderated

Using the eraser in Photoshop CC (14.1.2) a white haze appears. Anyone knows how to solve that?

Oct 18, 2013 6:01 AM

Tags: #photoshop #cc #eraser_tool

Besides the background layer with a 'B/W image' I created a layer to add some colour. When I use the eraser in that layer, a white haze appears.

I've never experienced such a thing in over 15 years of Photoshop use.

Normal, coverage 100%

In the image below clearly to be seen the eraser stroke from left to right. The white haze best to be seen at the darker part.

Screendump.png

Anyone?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 6:14 AM   in reply to Chicken-in-the-box

I don't have a computer right now with CC to check this, but there have been some issues white fringing around patterns - mainly in CS6.  there have been a lot of changes with using GPU, so maybe this could be a result of that.  Do you get the same thing then you apply a layer mask to your colored layer and mask out the color that way?  that is actually a better way to work, as you can go back and re-edit if you want.  The eraser tool is a bit too distructive.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 7:42 AM   in reply to Chicken-in-the-box

I had a problem like these wet edges on a brush. Toggling the color calibration profiles in a certain way would make this go away temporarily. In addition had very light  dots under 7% going to invisible. Tried running the hardware color calibration multiple times, but could not get this to go away, until I create a new user account.

Before you try a new user acocunt see if you have any brush settings on, turn them all off.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to Chicken-in-the-box

I'm not at my computer that has CC loaded, but it dosen't happen with CS6, so if that's the case, it looks like a bug.  I agree, switching back and forth between color spaces isn't a good idea.  There have bee a lot of changes with GPU and how it works with PS, so this might be a side affect.  As I mentioned above, white lines sort of like the ones you're getting were happening with the pattern fill, and it was corrected fairly easily,  Hopefully the same can be true for this.  Hopefully someone of the staff will respond, but you can submit a bug at:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 1:09 PM   in reply to csuebele

I just ran a test on my version of CC, and I'm not seeing what you're getting.  I'm on a Windows system.  What's your OS?  Are your graphic card drivers uptodate?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points