Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 8 has crashed. Have tried Adobe solutions. None have worked.

Oct 18, 2013 10:23 AM

Elements 8 has crashed. Have tried Adobe solutions. None have worked.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 10:39 AM   in reply to Yankeeboy5110

Impossible to give you any sensible help without more detail. What operating system? What has crashed--editor or organizer? What was it doing when it crashed? What happens when you try to run it now? Which adobe suggestions have you tried?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 4:39 PM   in reply to Yankeeboy5110

I sent several notices during the past 2 weeks

? Just FYI, if you mean you sent them to support, this is the user to user forum, not Adobe.  When you say "edited an image, opened it" do you mean that you had edited an image and saved your changes and closed it and then were trying to reopen it? Was this from organizer or another location? Does this only happen with this image or with all images?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 4:40 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Also, can you use File>Open in the editor to open an image that isn't in the organizer, like from your desktop?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to Yankeeboy5110

Why would you fix an image in the organizer and then try to open it right into the editor? What happens if you just right click an image and choose Edit with Photoshop Elements without that step?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2013 2:11 PM   in reply to Yankeeboy5110

Are you saying that if you launch the editor directly, it crashes, or do you mean from the welcome screen?

If you mean that double clicking the .exe file for the editor makes it crash, then try again while holding down ctrl+alt+shift (do this from the button in the welcome screen or the organizer, or with the actual .exe file). Keep the keys down till you see a window asking if you want to delete the settings file. You do.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 7:37 AM   in reply to Yankeeboy5110

I'm asking you to try opening an image directly into the editor, using File>Open there, to help figure out where the problem lies.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 9:41 AM   in reply to Yankeeboy5110

Your images and catalog are stored separately from the program files, so no worry there. However, before you do that:

I get the crash message immediately...before edit opens

Is it crashing while the splash screen is visible? If so, if you look at the bottom of the window what does it say is happening when it crashes?

Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 12.40.36 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 2:33 PM   in reply to Yankeeboy5110

No there's nothing there or no you don't see the splash?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 8:11 PM   in reply to Yankeeboy5110

I'm sorry, I guess I'm just not able to make myself clear, for some reason. I mean go into the program files/application files and start the editor directly from there. Do not use the welcome screen or the button in the organizer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points