• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font issues when saving file as a PDF

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I update my fonts so that I can save the document as a PDF? I get an error message and a separate popup window stating 'The "HelveticaNeueLTStd-BdIt" Font is not available.' I have some cross-referencing issues going on. Can anyone help resolves these?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When generating a PDF, what do your PDF settings look like? If you have the "Rely on system fonts only" option selected (see screenshot), you probably do not have the font in question (HelveticaNeueLTStd-Bdlt) installed on your system.

pdf-settings-rely-system-fonts.jpg

If you are not relying on system fonts (this option is unchecked, which I don't believe is good practice), the font might not be available in FM. I don't know what version of FM you're running, but in FM10, you could try opening your file, and go to View > Pods > Fonts to display all fonts that are currently being used in your document and all instances of each font. Usually all missing fonts are replaced with "Times New Roman", so you can use the font pod to replace those instances with the correct font (if available in FM. Check Format > Font to see what fonts are available).

I would definitely double-check that the font you need is actually installed on your system. I ran into the same problem, and that was my issue.

For the cross-references, you need to provide better information. What is the issue? Are the xrefs not displaying correctly? Are the links going to the wrong place? etc.

HTH,

Smitty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I figured it out. I changed my print option to pdf only, and deselected

the font option. I was able to save as a pdf then.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick Price, Ph.D. | Senior Product Manager | Real-Time Systems | Bio-Rad

Laboratories, Inc. | Life Science Group | 2000 Alfred Nobel Drive,

Hercules, CA 94547 | Tel: +1-510-741-6303 | Fax: +1-510-741-5811 | Email:

nick_price@bio-rad.com | Web: www.bio-rad.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines