Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Better layer control: which locked, which unlocked?

Oct 18, 2013 12:37 PM

Seems as soon as I create layer groups, things get stupid with respect to unlocking layers.

when layers are not grouped in a parent, and you are working on 1 layer with an item you want unlocked, just that/those items unlock.

However when working with grouped layers, and you are on 1 unlocked layer and select the same unlock command, ALL layers become unlocked!

To me this seems incredibly stupid..is this a known bug or a "feature?"

any workarounds?

thanks!

a

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to wkjeiwoi

wkjeiwoi,

I can't understand what you are describing because I can't follow your instructions. Please, describe step by step with the name of the menus and commands you are using how one can reproduce this.  For example, what is "the same unlock command"?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 7:15 PM   in reply to wkjeiwoi

I got it and I'm well aware of this behavior. I think they probably decided that this is what most users would expect and made nested layers behave the same like groups in this regard. And probably they are wrong. The ideal solution would have been to make an option in the preferences which could also include groups but unfortunately as many other possible good things missing, they didn't do it. I can't think of any workaround for this and the only thing that can be done is to post a request in the feature request forum and hope they can take notice.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points