Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Use of text in a movie clip

Oct 18, 2013 12:01 PM

Hello

I am trying to use Text | New Text | Default Text at the beginning of a clip. I have managed to get the text to fade in but not to fade out. Is it possible to use both those techniques on the same text? I wondered, too, if it were possible to prolong the time that the text is visible on screen, because mine disappears quite quickly. It might appear, for example, for 3-4 seconds on a 12 second clip and I would like to be able to extend it a little.

Thanks!

Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to SteveH59

Steve,

First, for the Duration, just click+drag on the Tail of your Title. One can also go to Edit>Preferences>General>Stills Duration, to make the default Title longer, and this is useful, if doing a bunch of longer Titles.

For the Fade-In/Fade-Out, I find Keyframing the Title's Opacity to be the best method, and seldom use the Presets, as I like the complete control (like adjusting the Interpolation of the Keyframes), that is offered.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 12:59 PM   in reply to SteveH59

SteveH59

I am not sure just have far into keyframing properties, in particular Opacity in your situation for Fade In Fade Out titles.

Prolonging the duration of the title at a fixed level is best achieved by keyframing the Opacity yourself.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

In the absence of that information, generalizing

a. if you are going use the Toggle Animation route, then manual keyframing of the Opacity property would achieve that goal.

b. if you are going to go with the Ctrl click placement of Opacity keyframes on the Video track content's rubberband, then position those keyframes with the mouse cursor can be done to achieve the goal.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe11-video-and-audio-track-rubberba nd.html

I do not know if you will ever need the following, but I include this information just in case. It relates to some shortcomings with use of the FadeIn FadeOut under specified conditions.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe11-timeline-fade-out-shortcuts-an d.html

Please update us on your progress when you get the chance.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 1:17 PM   in reply to SteveH59

Glad to have helped Steve. One "tip," that I like to use is to open the Info Panel, when adjusting the Duration of a Title, Still or Clip, gives me an exact readout of that new Duration. I find this especially helpful, if I want a group of Titles (already created with the default Duration), to match perfectly.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points